Potato Chips Recipe: Finger snacks made with thinly sliced potatoes that are quick and easy to make. It is possibly one of the most popular snacks among people of all ages all over the world. It is made with few ingredients and topped with various flavours and seasonings, but this recipe is for chilli-flavored alu chips.
Chips or fries have become a universal language all over the world. The seasoning and toppings can be of a wide variety, which adds flavour and taste to it. Nonetheless, the simple chilli and salt-flavored classic potato chips recipe is timeless and can be made quickly without a trip to the store.
I’m sure there isn’t anyone who doesn’t like this recipe for chips. It appeals to all of us. However, I prefer to buy it at the grocery store. I believe the main reason is the assumption that it is one of the more complicated recipes. Another common assumption is that sophisticated instruments will be required to prepare it. But trust me when I say it’s one of the simplest and quickest recipes you’ll ever make. The only important aspect of this recipe is the use of potatoes. Basically, you want to choose a potato with a higher starch content and a lower water content. In general, all red potatoes are suitable for deep-fried snacks. You can use kipfler potatoes, dutch cream potatoes, and red royale potatoes in recipes for chips, potato fries, and potato wedges.
In addition, I’d like to add some more tips, suggestions, and variations to the aloo chips recipe. First and foremost, as I previously stated, you must select potatoes that are high in starch content. However, we do not require them for this recipe, so you must dip the sliced ones in cold water to remove excess starch. Second, when deep frying, you must exercise extreme caution. The oil must be hot, and the deep frying must take place over a medium flame. Also, do not use a paper towel or tissue paper to remove excess oil after it has been deep-fried. Place the deep-fried chips in a sieve to allow air to pass through on both sides. Finally, for a longer shelf life, store these in an airtight container. Because no preservatives are used, it should last for a week but may become soggy after that.
And you can also visit other categories such as:
Potato Chips Recipe Card:
Potato chips recipe
- 3-4 potato (large)
- 5 cups chilled water (for rinsing)
- 1 tsp kashmiri red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- oil (for frying)
- Peel the skin off the large potato first. To get good slices, make sure to use a large potato.
- The potato should be sliced as thinly as possible.
- Transfer the potato slices to a large mixing bowl and cover with chilled water.
- Rinse thoroughly and pat dry with a kitchen towel.
- Remove any excess water by rubbing it off. This helps to keep the oil from sputtering.
- Place the sliced potato into the hot oil without crowding it.
- Fry on medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- Fry the chips until they are crispy.
- Drain the liquid into a colander. Do not drain on kitchen paper as this will make the chips soggy.
- 1 tsp chilli powder and 1/2 tsp salt
- Toss and mix thoroughly to ensure that all of the spices are coated.
- Finally, serve the potato chips recipe immediately or store in an airtight container for up to a month.
- To begin, use a fresh potato to ensure crispy chips.
- You can also flavour the aloo chips with your favourite spices.
- In addition, if you do not have access to a slicer, you can slice thinly with a knife.
- Finally, when served crispy, the potato chips recipe tastes fantastic.
Is it possible to eat healthy potato chips?
Despite their popularity, greasy potato chips are a high-energy, low-nutritional-value food. In general, eating chips and other fried, fatty foods can lead to an unhealthy diet, leading to weight gain and negative health effects.
What are the advantages of eating potato chips?
Chips, because they are made from potatoes, can also provide a variety of vitamins and minerals. Some types of healthy potato chips, in particular, can provide potassium, pantothenic acid, vitamin E, vitamin C, vitamin B6, and manganese.
Do potato chips make you gain weight?
They’re high in calories, and it’s easy to consume far too many of them. Consuming French fries and potato chips has been linked to weight gain in observational studies ( 4 , 5 ). According to one study, potato chips may contribute to more weight gain per serving than any other food ( 5 )
What is it about potato chips that makes them so appealing?
Potato chips are famous for two things: salt and fat. Eating salt has been shown in studies to cause the release of dopamine, a chemical messenger that controls your brain’s pleasure centre. When your brain receives the first reward hit, it begins to crave more.
How many chips should I consume per day?
1 ounce (or 18 chips) equals one serving. However, even one serving of potato chips per day is excessive. According to Alexis Parcells, MD, a board-certified plastic surgeon and owner of Parcells Plastic Surgery, you should limit your potato chip consumption to the palm of your hand.
If you made this recipe, please be sure to rate the recipe and comment how it was 🙂 You can also Sign up for my email newsletter for more delicious vegetarian recipes.