Aloo Gobi Dry Masala Recipe: A simple, quick, and easy dry curry recipe using potatoes and cauliflower This is a popular everyday side dish recipe that goes well with roti, chapati, and even naan bread. This recipe can be made with thick gravy in many variations, but this is a dry version.
This recipe, like many others in the Indian cuisine, is vegan. I had never heard the term “vegan” until about two years ago, and now that I think about it, I grew up eating vegan all of the time. I grew up eating a variety of vegetarian dishes from India. Every day, we eat simple lentils, rice, and vegetables that are almost entirely vegan. So, I hope you enjoy this spicy potatoes and cauliflower vegan recipe from India.
Sabji recipes are popular in many Indian households and are made with a variety of basic vegetables. Potatoes and cauliflower are two common vegetables found in every Indian household. This is a common recipe that combines aloo and gobhi and is served as a side dish to flat breads or steamed rice.
If you’re looking for something quick and easy, this may be time-consuming. As a result, the dry version of aloo gobhi ki sabji is an excellent choice. The best part about this recipe is that it can be used as a side dish for both rice and bread-based dishes. I make this whenever I want something light or am not in the mood to cook something fancy. I enjoy this recipe as a side dish with dal and jeera rice. In addition, I supplement this recipe with readily available vegetables such as green peas, beans, and carrots.
One common issue with aloo gobi is that the cauliflower becomes extremely soggy when cooked, which is undesirable. You want the vegetables to be cooked and tender but not soggy, as this will ruin the flavour and texture of the dish. A few pointers can help prevent this:
Although the recipe for aloo gobi dry is unique, simple, and easy to make, there are some variations, tips, and suggestions. To begin, if you intend to make a dry variant, I recommend chopping potatoes and cauliflowers in larger pieces. Do not finely chop it, as it may dissolve into a smooth paste. Second, instead of frying the potatoes, you can pressure cook them separately and then use them in the recipe. Personally, I enjoy fried potatoes and cauliflower. Finally, if you have any leftover aloo gobhi ki sabji, you can use it to make parathas or sandwiches.
And you can also visit other categories such as:
Aloo Gobi Dry Masala Recipe Card:
Aloo gobi dry masala recipe
- 4 tbsp oil
- 20-25 florets gobi / cauliflower
- 2 potato / aloo (peeled & chopped)
- 4 tsp oil
- 1 tsp cumin / jeera
- 1 tsp kasuri methi
- 1 onion (finely chopped)
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 1 chilli (slit)
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp kashmiri red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp coriander powder
- 1/4 tsp cumin powder / jeera powder
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 tomato (finely chopped)
- 1/2 tsp aamchur
- 1/4 tsp garam masala
- 2 tbsp coriander (finely chopped)
- First, heat 4 tbsp oil in a pan and add 20-25 florets gobi.
- Fry them on medium heat until golden brown.
- Drain the gobi and set aside.
- Fry 2 potatoes in the same oil on medium heat.
- Fry until the potatoes are golden and crisp.
- Drain the aloo and set aside.
- Heat 3 tsp oil in a large kadai and sauté 1 tsp cumin and 1 tsp kasuri methi until aromatic.
- additionally, add 1 onion and sauté well
- Now add 1 tsp ginger garlic paste and 1 chilli and cook for 1 minute.
- Add 1/4 tsp turmeric, 1/2 tsp chilli powder, 1/2 tsp coriander powder, 1/4 tsp cumin powder, and 3/4 tsp salt while the heat is low.
- Sauté on low heat until the spices become aromatic.
- Add 1 tomato and continue to sauté until the tomatoes become soft and mushy.
- Now stir in the fried aloo and gobi.
- Gently fold them in without breaking them. If you want gravy, add 1/2 cup water.
- Add 1/2 tsp aamchur, 1/4 tsp garam masala, and 2 tbsp coriander leaves as well. Combine thoroughly.
- Finally, the recipe for aloo gobi dry masala is ready to serve with roti or rice.
- To begin, deep fry the vegetables for crispier bites.
- If you’re watching your calories, you can also boil them.
- For variety, add boiled peas in addition to the fried aloo gobi.
- Finally, when served spicy, aloo gobi dry recipe tastes fantastic.
If you made this recipe, please be sure to rate the recipe and comment how it was You can also Sign up for my email newsletter for more delicious vegetarian recipes.