Manchurian Gravy Recipe is a popular and tasty Indonesian-Chinese gravy-based appetizer made with deep-fried vegetable balls For non-meat eaters, this is essentially a vegetarian alternative to the popular meat or chicken Manchurian variant. It is commonly prepared and served as a side dish to fried rice or noodles, but it can also be served as a party starter or appetizer.
For many Indians, Indo-Chinese has become a popular lunch or dinner option. Many people enjoy having it for dinner with rice or noodles and a spicy Manchurian sauce as a side dish recipe. One such simple and easy side dish recipe is veg Manchurian gravy, which is well-known for its versatility.
The Manchurian recipe, on the other hand, can be prepared in a variety of ways. It is available in both gravy and a dry variant. It can also be made with gobi, paneer, mushroom, and a variety of meats. I used the mixed vegetable option in this recipe and made deep-fried balls with it. It would be very similar to a meat option in terms of texture and appearance. In addition, I’d like to mention my other alternative. I’ve posted another variation called cabbage Manchurian, in which the Manchurian balls are made entirely of cabbage grate. Some may argue that both recipes are the same, but I disagree. Despite the fact that both are made with vegetables, each has its own proportion and, ultimately, taste. As a result, I would recommend giving both recipes a try.
In addition, I’d like to highlight some additional tips, variations, and suggestions for a perfect Manchurian gravy recipe. First and foremost, the recipe can be made as both a gravy and a dry variant. It can be made based on the type of serving. To make a dry version, you may want to skip the cornflour slurry step. Second, I added cornflour to the vegetable balls to make them crispy. You can use rice flour as an alternative, but you may not get the same texture or result. Finally, it is completely open-ended in terms of vegetables, and you can add any vegetable you want. Having said that, you must chop those finely in order for them to bind together.
And you can also visit other categories such as:
Manchurian Gravy Recipe Card:
Manchurian Gravy Recipe
For Manchurian Balls
- 1 carrot grated
- 5 tbsp cabbage shredded
- 5 tbsp spring onion chopped
- ½ onion finely chopped
- ½ tsp ginger garlic paste
- 1 tsp chilli sauce
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp maida / plain flour
- 2 tbsp cornflour
- oil for frying
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 inch ginger finely chopped
- 3 garlic finely chopped
- 1 chilli slit
- 4 tbsp spring onion chopped
- ½ onion finely chopped
- ½ capsicum sliced
- 2 tbsp vinegar
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp chilli sauce
- 2 tbsp tomato sauce
- ½ tsp pepper powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1¼ cup water
- 2 tsp cornflour
- ¼ cup water
- To begin, combine 1 carrot, 5 tbsp cabbage, 2 tbsp spring onion, 1/2 onion, and 1/2 tsp ginger garlic paste in a large mixing bowl.
- 1 tsp chilli sauce and 1/2 tsp salt are also recommended.
- Mix thoroughly to ensure that everything is well combined.
- Add 2 tbsp maida and 2 tbsp cornflour and mix well.
- Make a soft dough, adding maida as needed.
- Make small ball-sized balls now.
- Deep fry in hot oil with a medium flame.
- Stir the balls occasionally until they turn golden brown.
- Drain and set aside the manchurian balls.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a large wok and sauté 1 inch ginger, 3 clove garlic, 1 chilli, and 2 tbsp spring onion.
- 1/2 onion, stir-fried on high heat
- Add 1/2 capsicum and continue to stir fry until it shrinks slightly.
- 2 tablespoons vinegar, 2 tablespoons soy sauce, 1 tablespoon chilli sauce, 2 tablespoons tomato sauce, 1/2 teaspoon pepper powder, and 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Stir fry until all of the sauces are well combined.
- Add 1 1/4 cup water and bring to a boil over medium heat.
- 2 tsp cornflour and 1/4 cup water in a small bowl
- Mix thoroughly to create a lump-free slurry.
- Pour in the cornflour slurry and thoroughly mix it in.
- Continue to cook the gravy until it thickens and becomes glossy.
- Mix in the prepared veg manchurian balls and 2 tbsp spring onion.
- Finally, serve with fried rice and veg manchurian gravy.
- First, adjust the gravy consistency by adjusting the cornflour slurry.
- Also, if you soak the Manchurian balls for an extended period of time, they will become soggy.
- In order to make it more nutritious, add vegetables of your choice.
- Finally, a slightly spicy veg Manchurian gravy recipe is delicious.
What is Manchurian Chinese?
Manchurian is a class of Indo-Chinese dishes made by roughly chopping and deep-frying the main ingredient like chicken, cauliflower (gobi), prawns, fish, mutton, or paneer and then sautéeing it in a sauce flavored with soy sauce.
How is Manchurian eaten?
Veg Manchurian pairs well with Veg Hakka Noodles, Veg Fried Rice, or Schezwan Fried Rice. Serve it hot as an appetizer or snack garnished with spring onion greens.
Is Gobi Manchurian good for health?
The Gobi Manchurian Benefits all stem from the goodness of cauliflower. It is extremely rich in vitamins and minerals and is a very nutritious vegetable that your diet is sure to benefit from.
If you made this recipe, please be sure to rate the recipe and comment how it was 🙂 You can also Sign up for my email newsletter for more delicious vegetarian recipes.