Aloo Manchurian Recipe: A simple and intriguing Indo-Chinese manchurian recipe made with deep fried potatoes It is a variation on the popular gobi manhcurian and is prepared in the same manchurian sauce. It can be served as an appetiser or as a starter for any party meal, or as a side dish to other indo chinese rice recipes.
Indo-Chinese fusion recipes have become a staple in the diets of all Indian Millenials. Though it is classified as street food, I am confident that it is a staple in every Indian household. Of course, Indians have always enjoyed Chinese street food. There is, however, a hint of Indianness to it.
This dish works well as a side dish as well as an appetiser. It can easily replace the traditional Manchurian as well as its cauliflower counterpart. Aloo Manchurian goes well with the Indo-Chinese fried rice recipe. The best part is that you won’t have to worry about the dumplings becoming hard like in traditional Manchurian recipes.
Since its inception, Indo-Chinese recipes have been an integral part of Indian cuisine. There are numerous recipes that are made and served as street food, and it is known for its sweet, sour, and spicy flavour and taste. The aloo manchurian recipe, known for its crunchiness and flavour, is one such new innovation or fusion recipe.
believe me Aloo manchurian is a delicious Indo-Chinese dish that is also a favourite of my children. Perhaps it’s the combination of the crispiness of the potatoes and the sweet, sour, and spicy flavour of the manchurian sauce. In all honesty, the gobi manchurian has the same combination. However, oil-fried potatoes add a new dimension to their crispness and flavour. I like this dish best when served with flavorful stir-fried rice. Without a doubt, it can take any boring rice recipe to the next level. Furthermore, you can use the same potatoes to make the chilli recipe. It should produce the same result, but with a different spicy sauce.
In addition, I’d like to offer some additional tips, suggestions, and variations to the aloo manchurian recipe. To begin, you can shape the potatoes into any shape you want for this recipe. However, my personal preference is to dice it so that it retains its shape while also retaining heat. Second, you can make the fried aloo’s ahead of time and start making and mixing it with manchurian sauce whenever you need it. If you rest potatoes in sauce, they may become soggy and lose their shape. Finally, the same recipe can be made with leftover french fries. You may need to be cautious about adding salt because the fries may already have some.
And you can also visit other categories such as:
Aloo Manchurian Recipe Card:
Aloo Manchurian Recipe
- 4 cup water
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 potato / aloo (peel & cubed)
To fry the aloo:
- 1/2 cup maida / plain flour
- 1/4 cup corn flour
- 1/2 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 1 tsp kashmiri red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp oil
- 1/2 cup water
- oil (for frying)
- 4 tsp oil
- 2 clove garlic (finely chopped)
- 1 chilli (slit)
- 2 tbsp spring onion (chopped)
- 1/2 capsicum (sliced)
- 1/2 onion (petals)
- 2 tbsp tomato sauce
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp chilli sauce
- 1/4 tsp pepper powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
For slurry of corn flour:
- 1 tsp corn flour
- 1/4 cup water
- First, in a large pot, bring 4 cups of water to a boil with 1 teaspoon of salt.
- Boil for 8 minutes, or until the potatoes are half cooked, with 2 cubed potatoes.
- Drain the aloo and set aside.
- 1/2 cup maida, 1/4 cup corn flour, 1/2 teaspoon ginger garlic paste, 1 teaspoon chilli powder, and 1/2 teaspoon salt in a mixing bowl
- 1/2 cup water should be added to make a smooth, lump-free batter.
- Batter the boiled potato and deep fry it in hot oil.
- Stir occasionally while frying on medium heat.
- Drain and set aside the aloo once it has turned golden and crisp.
- in the heat of the kadai 2 cloves garlic, 1 chilli, and 2 tbsp spring onion sautéed in 4 tbsp oil
- In addition, saute 1/2 capsicum and 1/2 onion until they shrink slightly.
- additionally add 2 tbsp tomato sauce, 1 tbsp vinegar, 1 tbsp soy sauce, 1 tbsp chilli sauce, 1/4 tsp pepper powder, and 1/4 tsp salt to taste
- Stir the sauces together on high heat until well combined.
- Make a corn flour slurry by combining 1 tsp cornflour with 1/4 cup water.
- Mix in the cornflour slurry until the sauce thickens and becomes glossy.
- Mix in the fried aloo gently.
- Finally, plate the aloo manchurian. Garnish with spring onions and serve.
- To begin, half-boil the potatoes because we will be deep frying them later.
- Also, if you’re watching your weight, roast on a tawa.
- To make spicy manchurian, combine schezwan chutney with other sauces.
- The potatoes can be shaped in any way you want, but the one we did was a no-brainer.
- To make the batter a brighter colour, add Kashmiri red chilli powder. It is, however, optional.
- If you don’t have corn flour, rice flour can be used in its place. It will guarantee crispness.
- You can use schezwan sauce instead of red chilli sauce.
- If you can’t make a cornflour slurry, use all-purpose flour to thicken the gravy.
- If desired, add a dash of sesame oil to the potatoes and sauté for a minute.
- Finally, the aloo manchurian recipe is best served hot and crispy.
What exactly is Manchurian in Indian cuisine?
Manchurian is a type of Indo-Chinese dish that is made by roughly chopping and deep-frying a main ingredient such as chicken, cauliflower (gobi), prawns, fish, mutton, or paneer, and then sautéing it in a soy sauce-flavored sauce.
How do you eat aloo Manchurian?
Aloo Manchurian goes well with Veg Hakka Noodles, Veg Fried Rice, or Schezwan Fried Rice. Serve it hot as an appetiser or snack garnished with spring onion greens.
Is Manchurian safe to eat?
Follow the Manchurian recipe below to reap the benefits of both healthy and delectable food. Every serving of the dish contains 205 calories. To bring out the Chinese flavour, the Manchurian recipe includes a lot of vegetables and sauces.
Is Manchurian a true Chinese language?
Come on, you’ve all heard of a Chicken Manchurian. It’s a fiery, spicy Chinese dish that’s usually made with chicken but can also be made with cauliflower or paneer. It is that one dish that serves as your introduction to Chinese cuisine.
What does Manchurian taste like?
The sweet tomato ketchup and soy sauce-based sauce is a hit with both kids and adults. The best thing about this Chicken Manchurian is that it’s not overly sweet; it has just the right amount of saltiness from the soy sauce and tanginess from the vinegar to balance out the dish.
If you made this recipe, please be sure to rate the recipe and comment how it was 🙂 You can also Sign up for my email newsletter for more delicious vegetarian recipes.