Potato Chips Recipe: finger snacks made with thinly sliced potatoes that are quick and easy to make. It is possibly one of the most popular snacks among people of all ages all over the world. It is made with few ingredients and topped with various flavours and seasonings, but this recipe is for chilli-flavored alu chips.
Chips or fries have become a universal language all over the world. The seasoning and toppings can be of a wide variety, which adds flavour and taste to it. Nonetheless, the simple chilli and salt-flavored classic potato chips recipe is timeless and can be made quickly without a trip to the store.
Many people enjoy eating potato chips. We like fried potato chips as well, but sometimes you just want to snack on something healthy and less oily. At home, I usually make both fried and baked potato chips. We do not, however, buy ready-made chips from the market.
Potato chip recipe- homemade crispy, delicious, and light potato chips that are incredibly simple and enjoyable to make. You can easily make perfectly crispy potato chips at home and season them to your liking.
Leave those packs of preservative-laden chips on the store shelf and make a big batch at home! So simple, clean, and crispy! Vegan and gluten-free as well!
I prefer Indian-style potato chips seasoned with red chilli powder. The other two popular flavours are pepper flavoured and plain salted.
There are numerous methods for making potato chips at home. You can select the method based on the amount of time available and the quality of the potatoes used.
Directly dipping the scrubbed potatoes into hot oil.
Soaking and rinsing the sliced potatoes before frying them.
I’ve seen my mother make a batch of potato chips at home on a regular basis, and she does it with ease. We loved the flavour and taste of these homemade chips and would never buy them in a store again. This is a tried-and-true family recipe with simple instructions.
To make perfectly crispy potato chips at home, you’ll need the right kind of potatoes and a suitable tool for slicing them. After those are taken care of, the recipe is fairly straightforward. It all boils down to meticulous planning.
Choose new potatoes that have smooth skin and are free of bruises. Those with a high starch content, in general, should be used. The best varieties for chips are Russet or King Edward.
Then, for slicing the potatoes, use a hand-held mandoline. You could also use a razor-sharp knife. The goal is to make as many thin slices as possible.
I’m sure there isn’t anyone who doesn’t like this recipe for chips. It appeals to all of us. However, I prefer to buy it at the grocery store. I believe the main reason is the assumption that it is one of the more complicated recipes. Another common assumption is that sophisticated instruments will be required to prepare it. But trust me when I say it’s one of the simplest and quickest recipes you’ll ever make. The only important aspect of this recipe is the use of potatoes. Basically, you want to choose a potato with a higher starch content and a lower water content. In general, all red potatoes are suitable for deep-fried snacks. You can use kipfler potatoes, dutch cream potatoes, and red royale potatoes in recipes for chips, potato fries, and potato wedges.
In addition, I’d like to add some more tips, suggestions, and variations to the aloo chips recipe. First and foremost, as I previously stated, you must select potatoes that are high in starch content. However, we do not require them for this recipe, so you must dip the sliced ones in cold water to remove excess starch. Second, when deep frying, you must exercise extreme caution. The oil must be hot, and the deep frying must take place over a medium flame. Also, do not use a paper towel or tissue paper to remove excess oil after it has been deep-fried. Place the deep-fried chips in a sieve to allow air to pass through on both sides. Finally, for a longer shelf life, store these in an airtight container. Because no preservatives are used, it should last for a week but may become soggy after that.
And you can also visit other categories such as:
Potato Chips Recipe Card:
Potato Chips Recipe
- 3 potato (large)
- 4 cups chilled water (for rinsing)
- 1 tsp kashmiri red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- oil (for frying)
- Peel the skin off the large potato first. To get good slices, make sure to use a large potato.
- The potato should be sliced as thinly as possible.
- Transfer the potato slices to a large mixing bowl and cover with chilled water.
- Rinse thoroughly and pat dry with a kitchen towel.
- Remove any excess water by rubbing it off. This helps to keep the oil from sputtering.
- Place the sliced potato into the hot oil without crowding it.
- Fry on medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- Fry the chips until they are crispy.
- Drain the liquid into a colander. Do not drain on kitchen paper as this will make the chips soggy.
- Add 1 tsp chilli powder and 1/2 tsp salt
- Toss and mix thoroughly to ensure that all of the spices are coated.
- Finally, serve the potato chips recipe immediately or store in an airtight container for up to a month.
Can These Chips Be Baked?
Instead of frying the chips, bake them in the oven. Wash and scrub the potatoes thoroughly. As you slice the potatoes, soak them in salted water. Drain thoroughly and pat dry with a kitchen towel for 10 minutes.
Preheat the oven to 220°C. Arrange the slices in a single layer on a greased baking sheet. If necessary, apply a quick spray of oil. 10-12 minutes in the oven Remove from the oven when they are crispy and golden brown. Season as needed
- To begin, use a fresh potato to ensure crispy chips.
- You can also flavour the aloo chips with your favourite spices.
- In addition, if you do not have access to a slicer, you can slice thinly with a knife.
- For this recipe, use potatoes with a high starch content, such as Idaho or russet.
- The recipe can easily be doubled.
- You can omit the pepper and chilli powder and simply season the chips with salt.
- Use a very sharp good quality slicer for getting uniform thin slices. I suggest mandoline slicer.
- Soak the slices in salted water to avoid the browning of potato chips
- Adjust seasoning as per taste
- Make sure to wipe the sliced potatoes in kitchen towel or dry them for few minutes before frying
- Make sure the oil is hot so that potato slices do not soak up oil.
- Finally, when served crispy, the potato chips recipe tastes fantastic.
If you made this recipe, please be sure to rate the recipe and comment how it was 🙂 You can also Sign up for my email newsletter for more delicious vegetarian recipes.