Potato Smiley Recipe: Essentially, a potato-based snack or a variant of potato chips with a smiley shape that is baked or deep-fried. It is a popular and appealing snack, owing to its crunchy, savoury flavour and, of course, its appealing shape.
The recipe is loosely based on McDonald’s potato smiles, which are made from potato and potato starch. In this recipe, however, corn starch and boiled-mashed potatoes are used to achieve the same result. It’s a great snack for tea or masala chai in the evening, and it can also be served as biscuits.
Smiley Face Potatoes are perfect for brunch or evening snacks and will satisfy your hunger growls. This is a traditional American dish made with cheese, corn flour, and potatoes. These fries are extremely simple to prepare and can be prepared in a matter of minutes.
Depending on your taste preferences, you can eat it with tomato sauce or sweet chilli sauce. Also, a sharp knife is required to carve out smiling lips and eyes on the flattened dough balls.
Instead of deep-frying the Smiling Potatoes, health-conscious people can bake them in the oven. You can also use potato starch instead of corn flour to give the fries a unique flavour. You can also shape the dough balls into any shape you want to make them look more interesting and tempting.
It’s also good with fresh curd or mayonnaise and tomato sauce. It’s also a great snack to take on road trips and picnics. When perfectly fried, the potato smileys take on a deep golden hue and appear inviting. Try this recipe today to put a smile on your child’s face.
In addition, some important and critical suggestions for a perfect potato smiley recipe. To begin, I used corn flour to make it crispy and crunchy, but potato starch can also be used to achieve the same effect. Second, I deep fried the potato smiley to make it crisp; it can also be baked. Bake the smiley for 15 to 25 minutes at 180oC in a preheated oven. Finally, the potato smiley can be shaped into any shape and deep fried or baked.
And you can also visit other categories such as:
Potato Smiley Recipe Card:
Potato Smiley Recipe
- 2 cups boiled potato (grated)
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs
- 2 tbsp corn flour
- 1/2 tsp kashmiri red chilli powder
- salt to taste
- oil for deep frying
- To begin, combine 2 cups boiled and grated potato in a large mixing bowl.
- Further add 1/4 cup bread crumbs, 2 tbsp corn flour, 1/2 tsp chilli powder, and salt to taste
- Combine all of the ingredients thoroughly. If necessary, add more bread crumbs.
- Make a soft, nonsticky dough.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes to prevent the smiley from breaking down in the oil and keeping its shape.
- Now, take a large ball of prepared potato dough and flatten it slightly thickly on a piece of butter paper. Butter paper keeps the dough from sticking together.
- Using a cookie cutter or a glass, make a round shape.
- Make eyes with a straw and a smile with a spoon.
- In hot oil, deep fry the potato smiles. or brush with oil and bake in a preheated oven at 180°C for 25 minutes, or until golden and crisp.
- Fry until golden brown, stirring occasionally, on medium heat.
- Finally, drizzle tomato sauce or eggless mayonnaise over the potato smiles or potato smiley.
- First, if the dough is sticky and moist, add more breadcrumbs.
- Add more corn flour if you want a crispy potato smiley.
- Alternatively, add pepper to make it more flavorful and spicy.
- Finally, when served hot, potato smiles or potato smiley are delicious.
Are potato smiles healthy?
McCain Smiles are potatoes in the shape of a happy face (similar to a french fry)…. McCain Sweet Potato Stix are also tasty and nutritious. They provide 100% of the daily requirement for vitamin A, have less than 200 g of sodium per serving, and are high in vitamin C and fibre.
Is it still possible to find potato smileys?
The iconic mashed potato shapes of a smiley face with a beautifully crispy golden exterior were entertaining additions to any family meal or canteen lunch. They’ve quietly appeared at Coles for $4 a pack… but there’s a catch this time. McCain’s Emotibites are now known as such, and they do more than just smile back at you…
How long does it take to cook potato smiley faces?
Preheat the oven to 200oC/400oF/Gas Mark 7 and set aside. Place a single layer of Smiles on a baking tray and place it in the centre of the oven. Bake for 12–15 minutes, turning halfway through, until they’re lovely, crisp, and light golden.
Is it possible to make smiley faces in the toaster?
Yes, you CAN safely cook your potato waffles in the toaster, according to the Daily Star, and we now know what we’ll be eating for lunch at work for the foreseeable future.
If you made this recipe, please be sure to rate the recipe and comment how it was 🙂 You can also Sign up for my email newsletter for more delicious vegetarian recipes.