Bhindi Ka Salan Recipe: bhindi ka salan recipe with step-by-step instructions Bhindi ka salan is very tasty and goes well with hydrabadi veg biryani. This is a popular hyderabadi gravy made with okra, spices, and tamarind pulp.
bhindi ka salan recipe | okra ka salan recipe is also delicious with roti, chapathi, jowar roti, akki rotti, plain rice, or even pulao and fried rice.
There are numerous ways to prepare bhindi salan. This bhindi ka salan recipe is simple and easy to make, with a homey flavour. The gravy in this recipe contains onion and tomatoes. A little tamarind is also added to the gravy to give it a sour taste.
While Mirchi ka Salan pairs well with Biryani, I believe Bhindi ka Salan has a broader appeal because it can be served with both piping hot Phulkas and steamed rice.
And, because the ingredients for Bhindi ka Salan are readily available at home, you can make it whenever you run out of dinner or lunch ideas.
Furthermore, Bhindi ka Salan, as a dish with a strong influence of Indian flavours, is sure to please when served as a hearty meal after a long day at work.
Okra, also known as Ladies Finger or our favourite Bhindi in India, is a low-calorie vegetable.So, if your family members enjoy eating Bhindi, you need not be concerned.
Bhindi not only strengthens our immune system, but it also aids in the prevention of kidney disease and promotes a healthy pregnancy.Bhindi pods contain a high concentration of mucilage, which helps to relieve constipation.
And the pods are high in iron, calcium, magnesium, manganese, and even vitamins A and C, to name a few. It’s a great dish to serve for a nice weekend brunch or kitty parties.
This bhindi salan is a Hyderabadi specialty. Bhindi is a type of okra or lady’s finger, and salan is a type of gravy.
I usually make a simple bhindi aloo sabzi for lunch or dinner because okras cook quickly and taste great even with a few spices.
I make this gravy on occasion, and it is so flavorful that you will want seconds.
The flavour comes from peanuts, sesame seeds, and coconut, which give the gravy a nutty flavour while also thickening it.
The tangy flavour comes from tamarind, which must be soaked before adding the tamarind extract.
Onions, ginger, and garlic are also included to enhance the flavour of the curry.
This recipe is simple to prepare. We must first dry roast some of the ingredients before blending them. Once this is completed, the curry is a breeze to make. The bhindi is shallow-fried in oil before being added to the simmering gravy to absorb all of the curry’s flavours. That’s all! The okra salan is done.
Okras are a good source of dietary fibre and a good source of vitamin C. Sesame seeds are high in calcium and dietary fibre. Peanuts are a good source of iron and dietary fibre, as well as a good source of protein.
And you can also visit other categories such as:
Bhindi ka Salan Recipe Card:
Bhindi Ka Salan Recipe
To Make The Masala Paste:
- 3 tbsp peanuts
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- 2 tbsp fresh / dry coconut
To Fry Bhindi Or Okra, Use The Following Method:
- 10 fresh small okras / bhindi
- 3 tsp oil
- 3 tsp oil
- 1/4 tsp mustard seeds / rai
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds / jeera
- 6 methi seeds
- 1 onion (thinly sliced)
- 1 tsp ginger – garlic paste
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 3/4 tsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- few curry leaves
- 1 green chilli (finely chopped)
- few coriander leaves (finely chopped)
- 1/2 cup tamarind juice
- 1/2 tsp jaggery
- salt to taste
- Dry roast the peanuts, coconut, and sesame seeds until fragrant.
- After completely cooling, blend to a smooth paste.
- In the same pan, heat 3 tsp oil and fry the okras on medium heat. The okras must become golden brown. Take out the bhindi and set it aside.
- Heat the oil in the same pan and add the mustard seeds, cumin seeds, and methi seeds. Fry them until they sputter.
- It's time to add the sliced onions and cook them until they're golden brown.
- Now add the ginger-garlic paste and cook until the raw smell is gone.
- Fry for a minute after adding red chilly powder, turmeric, coriander powder, green chilly, and curry leaves. Keep an eye on the flame to ensure that the masala does not burn.
- To this, add the previously prepared peanut and sesame seed paste.
- Make a thin paste with water. You may need to add nearly a cup of water here.
- Cook for 30 minutes on a low heat. After 30 minutes, the oil floats to the surface. Stir frequently so that it does not burn from the bottom.
- then stir in the coriander, tamarind juice, jaggery, and salt.
- When it comes to a boil, add the fried bhindi and cook for 5 minutes on a low heat.
- Serve hot with rice, roti, or veggie biryani.
- If the bhindi is not tender and small, cut it in half and fry it.
- Bhindi ka salan should be cooked on a low heat to bring out the flavours.
- Mirchi ka salan is a dish made with fried green chilies instead of bhindi.
- Make use of small, fresh okras.
- I made use of red chilli powder. Adjust to your liking.
How do you get the stickiness out of okra?
Include a Souring Agent.
This is the best method for ensuring that your Okra is not slimy at the end of the cooking process. Add a souring agent of choice or based on the recipe you choose within 5-10 minutes of adding the Okra to the pan. Lemon juice, vinegar, amchoor (raw mango powder), or even tamarind can be used.
Is bhindi high in protein?
FACTS ABOUT NUTRITION
Bhindi has 7.03 gramme carbohydrates, 2 gramme protein, 0.1 gramme fat, and 9 percent fibre in 100 grammes. It’s high in folate, niacin, vitamin C, vitamin E, and vitamin K. It is also high in calcium, copper, iron, magnesium, manganese, phosphorous, and zinc.
What to do if Bhindi becomes sticky while cooking?
- Use Acidic Ingredients. Acidic ingredients are the best solution for this problem. …
- Dry Your Bhindis. …
- Freeze The Bhindis. …
- Cut It Into Large Pieces. …
- Stir Fry The Bhindis. …
- Stir Fry The Bhindis Before Making Curry. …
- Dry The Pieces For Deep Frying.
What happens to your body when you consume okra on a daily basis?
Okra is high in vitamins A and C, as well as antioxidants, which help lower the risk of serious health problems such as cancer, diabetes, stroke, and heart disease. Magnesium is another nutrient found in okra. Folate
Should I cover the bhindi while it cooks?
While cooking, bhindi tends to become sticky. If you don’t cover the pan while cooking, the stickiness will dry out because there won’t be any steam… For the best results, cook the bhindi on a low heat.
Does okra help you lose weight?
Several okra compounds have been shown to aid in weight loss. Carbohydrates extracted from okra reduced body weight, blood sugar levels, and total cholesterol in mice fed a high fat diet ( 7 ). In another study, mice with diabetes who were given okra extract saw significant weight loss after 8 weeks ( 8 ).
What is the best way to keep okra fresh in the fridge?
Fresh okra spoils quickly. Refrigerate for no more than two to three days. To keep pods dry, place them in a paper bag or wrap them in a paper towel and place them inside a perforated plastic bag. Pods become slimy as a result of moisture.
Does okra help you lose belly fat?
Okra Water is a quick recipe that will help you lose belly fat in just 7 days! … It is now well known for its slimming properties, and this recipe caters to the popular taste. Because it effectively aids in the control of obesity while also causing you to dry out that unwanted belly fat.
Is okra healthy for the stomach?
Okra’s insoluble fibre aids in the maintenance of your digestive system and lubricates the large intestine. Okra’s fibre also feeds the good bacteria in your gut, promoting a healthy digestive tract. This results in less cramping, bloating, and other unpleasant stomach issues.
Does okra have any effect on sperm?
What effect does okra have on male fertility?
… According to some studies, excessive okra consumption may be harmful to sperm parameters, testicular weight, and testicular tissues. These negative effects may reduce male fertility or cause male infertility.
Is okra good for your immune system?
Beneficial to the Immune System
Okra’s antioxidant content and high Vitamin C content make it extremely effective at fighting free radicals and boosting immunity. The vitamins can improve the immune system’s function by increasing the production of white blood cells and combating foreign pathogens that weaken the immune system.
Is okra beneficial for high blood pressure?
Fruits and vegetables are high in blood pressure-lowering nutrients like potassium and magnesium. Black beans, okra, spinach, pumpkin seeds, and squash seeds are all high in magnesium.
Is it healthy to eat okra if you have diabetes?
Okra has been shown to lower cholesterol levels in diabetic lab mice. Foods high in fibre and antioxidants are recommended for diabetics because they help lower cholesterol.
Is okra considered a superfood?
Okra is a well-known superfood that is used in a variety of dishes around the world. Superfoods are nutrient-dense foods that are thought to be especially beneficial to people’s health and well-being. Okra has long been regarded as a delicacy in America’s Deep South, particularly when breaded and deep-fried.
If you made this recipe, please be sure to rate the recipe and comment how it was 🙂 You can also Sign up for my email newsletter for more delicious vegetarian recipes.