Badam Barfi Recipe: A popular Indian dessert made with powdered almonds and sugar syrup It is typically served as a dessert following a full main course meal, and it is also prepared during any major Indian festival.
Essentially, the dish is made by soaking almonds in warm water and then de-skinning them. It is then ground to a fine powder or, in the case of milk, to a thick paste. Later, the paste is mixed with sugar paste, resulting in a barfi or any desired shape. Katli recipes are commonly prepared during festivals such as Diwali, Navaratri, and Ganesh Chaturthi.
I’ve already shared the recipe for kaju katli, which is very similar to the recipe for badam katli. To be honest, I made this recipe exactly like the kaju barfi, but with almonds instead of cashews. However, the main difference between these two recipes is the thickness of the barfi. The thickness of almond barfi can vary and is completely flexible. kaju katli, on the other hand, is always recommended to be thin in shape. Furthermore, kaju katli must be rolled immediately after being removed from the pan. However, with almond barfi, you can knead it after 3-5 minutes after turning off the flame.
In addition, some helpful hints and suggestions for a delicious badam katli recipe. First and foremost, 1 string consistency is critical for achieving proper texture and flavour. Continue to check and stir until the sugar syrup reaches a one string consistency. Second, while stirring the badam paste with the sugar syrup, you must be very careful. Turn off the heat immediately and pour into a piece of butter paper. If you miss the timing by a fraction of a second, you may end up with brittle powder. Finally, after soaking, I ground the almonds to a fine powder. You can also make a fine paste out of them by grinding them with milk and pouring it over sugar syrup.
And you can also visit other categories such as:
Badam Barfi Recipe Card:
Badam Barfi Recipe
- 3/4 cup badam / almonds
- 1 cup hot water
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tbsp saffron milk
- 4 cardamom / elachi (powdered) (powdered)
- 2 tbsp ghee / clarified butter
Recipe With Badam Powder Or Almond Meal:
- First, soak 3/4 cup almonds in 1 cup hot water for 1 hour in a large bowl.
- Now, slowly peel the skin off the badam and set it aside.
- Also, pat the badam dry to ensure there is no moisture present.
- Place the badam in a small blender and blend until it is a coarse powder. set aside
Recipe For Badam Buri | Almond Barfi:
- In the meantime, make the sugar syrup by combining 34 cup sugar and 12 cup water.
- Stir continuously while keeping the flame on low.
- Boil the sugar syrup until it reaches a string consistency.
- now stir in the prepared almond powder
- Saffron milk can also be added. Soak a few strands of saffron in warm milk for 10 minutes to make saffron milk.
- For additional flavour, add cardamom powder.
- Mix continuously while keeping the flame at a low to medium setting.
- Add a tbsp of ghee once the mixture begins to boil. It is, however, optional, but it does add flavour to the burfi.
- Continue to mix until the mixture begins to leave the pan. If you prefer a slightly harder burfi, continue to stir for a longer period of time.
- Place the badam dough on a sheet of butter paper.
- To make a smooth dough, add a teaspoon of ghee.
- And set aside for 5 minutes to cool Do not rest any longer, as they will harden and lose their ability to shape.
- Knead for a minute with a little ghee in your hand. Take care because the dough will be extremely hot. Try to knead when the dough is warm; otherwise, it will be difficult. and avoid over-kneading as badam will begin to release oil.
- Once the dough is smooth, roll it out with a rolling pin, adjusting the thickness to your liking.
- additionally, cut the dough into squares or any other shape you desire.
- You can also use silver leaf or silver vark to decorate.
- Finally, on Diwali or any other festival, serve badam burfi or badam katli.
- To begin, soak the badam thoroughly or blanch it to make skin removal easier.
- Also, only 1 string consistency of sugar syrup should be used. Otherwise, the burfi becomes hard and brittle.
- Most importantly, use a nonstick pan for quick and easy badam katlis.
- The entire badam burfi must be cooked on a low flame.
- Finally, instead of butter paper, a plastic sheet or a greased plate can be used to make badam burfi / badam katli.
If you made this recipe, please be sure to rate the recipe and comment how it was 🙂 You can also Sign up for my email newsletter for more delicious vegetarian recipes.
Also Read: Carrot Barfi