Corn Cutlet Recipe: Basically, this is a deep-fried kebab recipe that is made by grating or blending corn shells and mixing them with other vegetables. a delicious snack or appetiser that can be served as a starter for a party or as an evening snack
Corn patties, also known as corn cutlets, are a popular Indian snack found in street vendors. During corn season, you can easily make these cutlets at home. In this recipe, you can use either sweet corn kernels or regular Indian corn.
Corn cutlets can be made in a variety of ways. I make this corn kabab and stuffed corn cutlet on occasion. When we need a quick corn snack, I usually make this corn cutlet or crispy corn. Some other corn recipes that I have previously shared on the blog are as follows:
crisp and melt-in-your-mouth Corn patties stuffed with a spicy corn filling made with mashed potatoes. Corn patties are a popular monsoon snack in some parts of India, particularly western India.
Grated potatoes play an important role in this recipe, as they do in any other vegetable kebab or cutlet recipe. Corn kernels, on the other hand, add a nice flavour and taste to this kebab recipe. Furthermore, the kebabs in this recipe are deep fried, similar to cutlets, rather than grilled, as in other traditional kebab recipes.
However, in this recipe, sweet corn kernels play an important role alongside boiled mashed potatoes. Also, after boiling the potatoes, I keep them dry so that the cutlet dough retains less moisture and is easier to shape and deep fry. So, if your cutlets become dissolved while deep frying, it could be due to moisture within them. To make it even drier, add breadcrumbs.
Begin by steaming the corn kernels and potatoes for the corn cutlet recipe. The mashed potatoes serve as the foundation for these corn patties. Because whole kernels tend to burst, I coarsely mash the steamed corn kernels.
Seasonings include pepper, cumin, and chaat masala powder. In corn cutlet, we also like the taste of finely chopped onions and cilantro leaves. Cutlets are typically deep fried, but I prefer to shallow fry or pan roast them in less oil. This is by far the easiest and best corn cutlet recipe I’ve tried. Everyone will enjoy eating these because they are so simple to make, delicious, and crispy.
In addition, some helpful hints and suggestions for making this a perfect and crispy corn kebab recipe. First and foremost, I used corn flour to bind all of the vegetables in this corn cutlet recipe. Rice flour, on the other hand, can be used to make this kabab even crispier. Second, the shapes of the kabab are open to interpretation and can be given any shape desired. It can also be rolled into a stick and deep fried, similar to seek kabab. Finally, the kababs should always be deep-fried over low to medium heat. If you deep fry them at a high temperature, the kabab may break in the oil.
And you can also visit other categories such as:
Corn Cutlet Recipe Card:
Corn Cutlet Recipe
- 1+2 cup+tbsp corn (fresh / frozen)
- 2 potato (boiled & mashed)1/2
- 1/2 onion (finely chopped)
- 1/4 capsicum (finely chopped)
- 1 green chilli (finely chopped)
- 1/2 tsp ginger paste / adrak paste
- 1/2 tsp kashmiri red chili powder / lal mirch powder
- salt to taste
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder / haldi
- 1/2 tsp garam masala powder
- 1 tbsp besan / chickpea flour (roasted)
- 1/2 tsp chaat masala
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs
- 2 tbsp coriander leaves (finely chopped)
- 1 tbsp corn flour
- 1/4 tsp papper (crushed)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- oil for deep frying
- First, place boiled or frozen corn in a small blender.
- Blend until a coarse paste is formed, without adding any water.
- Pour the paste into a large mixing bowl.
- Add boiled and mashed potatoes as well.
- In addition, add the onion, capsicum, chilli, and ginger paste.
- In addition, season with salt and spices.
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs should also be added. Alternatively, crumble fresh bread.
- Add in1 tablespoon roasted besan / gramme flour and coriander leaves
- Add 1 tbsp corn flour, 2 tbsp boiled corn, and crushed black pepper to taste.
- Add lemon juice as well.
- To make a dough, combine all of the ingredients thoroughly.
- If there is too much moisture, add more bread crumbs.
- Make sure your dough isn't sticky.
- Make bullet-shaped kababs by rubbing oil into your hands.
- They are deep fried in hot oil.
- On medium heat, stir occasionally and fry the kebabs until golden brown.
- Finally, serve the corn kebabs with tomato sauce and a few onion slices.
- To make it more nutritious, first add any vegetables of your choice.
- Also, chill the dough for 15 minutes before frying to prevent kebabs from breaking in the oil.
- If you don’t like spiciness, reduce the amount of green chilli.
- You can eat it plain if there is any leftover corn stuffing.
- If you’re making corn patties for children, leave out the green chilies and red chilli powder.
- The recipe can be doubled or tripled if desired.
- Finally, crispy corn cutlets are delicious when deep fried because they become crunchy.
If you made this recipe, please be sure to rate the recipe and comment how it was 🙂 You can also Sign up for my email newsletter for more delicious vegetarian recipes.
Also Read: Cheese Balls Recipe