Shahi Paneer Recipe: This Shahi Paneer is deliciously rich and creamy, making it one of Mughlai cuisine’s most popular recipes. Fresh, unmelted cheese is combined with a creamy gravy, which is ideal for serving with naan or roti. The term “Shahi” means “royalty.”
A traditional and high-quality north Indian or punjabi curry made with paneer in a dry fruit sauce Because of the use of dry fruits, this curry is more creamy and sweet in flavour than other traditional paneer-based curries. It is an ideal gravy-based curry that can be served with a variety of rotis, bread, and rice options.
Look no further if you’re looking for a warming, comforting vegetarian dish to serve for supper. Shahi Paneer is one of my favourite dishes, and it will undoubtedly become one of yours as well.
What exactly are you waiting for? This delectable dish fit for a king or queen can be on your table tonight. Allow yourself to be pampered! Comfort foods are needed now more than ever. This Shahi Paneer will fill your stomachs and warm your souls.
Shahi Paneer translates literally as “royal cottage cheese.”
Paneer is a type of fresh cheese popular in Indian cuisine. It’s made by curdling milk with a food acid (usually lemon juice) and pressing it into cubes. The most notable feature of paneer cheese is that it does not melt, giving it a texture similar to that of tofu.
Paneer-based curries are a popular choice in India for both meat and non-meat eaters. It can be made with a variety of sauces, including a spicy gravy, a dry variant, and a creamy sauce-based curry. The shahi paneer masala, known for its mild and sweet flavour, is one such easy, simple, and rich creamy-based sauce curry.
This is a mild or less spicy paneer curry recipe. Because of the use of cream in it, the name shahi means “royal.” As a result, the use of cream would reduce the spice level, resulting in a creamy and rich paneer gravy. Nonetheless, there is a sizable fan base, particularly outside of India, where many people prefer less spicy meals. Furthermore, some people prefer their curry to be mildly spicy and sweet, and this recipe is an excellent choice for them.
Before concluding, here are some tips, suggestions, and variations for shahi paneer ki sabji. To begin, I used tomatoes and onions to make the creamy sauce in this recipe. To achieve the yellow colour, some people prefer to use only onions and leave out the tomatoes. However, I prefer my gravy to be reddish or orange in colour, so I used both. Second, in terms of dry fruits, you can include cashews and almonds. Experiment with different nuts and seeds, such as walnuts, macadamia nuts, sunflower seeds, and pistachios. Finally, you can use the same gravy sauce to make other variations by replacing the paneer with other ingredients such as mushrooms and potatoes. Furthermore, meat chunks can be used to make meat-based shahi gravy.
And you can also visit other categories such as:
Shahi Paneer Recipe Card:
Shahi Paneer Recipe
To make onion tomato puree, combine the following ingredients:
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 pods cardamom
- 1 inch cinnamon
- 1 pod black cardamom
- 3 cloves
- 1 onion (sliced)
- 3 clove garlic
- 1 inch ginger (chopped)
- 2 tomato (chopped)
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp salt
- First, heat 1 tbsp butter in a kadai and sauté 2 pods cardamom, 1 inch cinnamon, 1 pod black cardamom, and 3 cloves.
- Now add 1 onion, 3 garlic cloves, and 1 inch ginger.
- Sauté for a few minutes, or until the onion softens.
- Add 2 tomatoes and sauté for a few minutes more.
- 1 cup water and 1 teaspoon salt are also recommended. Combine thoroughly.
- Cover and cook for 20 minutes, or until completely softened.
- Allow to cool completely before transferring to a blender. Without adding any water, blend to a smooth paste.
- Sieve the puree to ensure it is smooth and silky. Set aside.
- Heat 1 tbsp butter in a large kadai and sauté 1/2 tsp shahi jeera and 1 bay leaf.
- While the flame is still low, add 1/4 tsp turmeric and 1 tsp chilli powder.
- Sauté for a few minutes, or until the spices become aromatic.
- Mix in the prepared tomato-onion puree thoroughly.
- Lastly, stir in 1/4 cup cream until everything is well combined.
- Mix in 15 cubes paneer and a few threads saffron.
- Cover and cook for 5 minutes, or until the flavours are well absorbed.
- Now add 1/2 tsp kasuri methi and 1/4 tsp garam masala Combine thoroughly.
- Finally, serve shahi paneer with garlic naan or roti.
- First and foremost, the addition of cream makes the curry rich and flavorful.
- Also, do not make the curry spicy; it should be mild.
- In order to achieve a silky smooth texture, sieve the puree.
- Finally, the shahi paneer recipe is delicious when served hot.
What does the term Shahi paneer mean?
Product Information. Shahi paneer is a popular dish in northern India that originated in Mughlai cuisine. Most people enjoy this north Indian dish because it is a rich dish filled with spices, paneer, and cream, which makes it thick, creamy, and spicy to taste. Shahi is a Persian word that means “Royalty.”
Shahi belongs to what caste?
Shahi belongs to the Jat tribe. Shahi are members of the Clan of Gills as well. Didda was thus a Lohariya Jat scion and the granddaughter of Kabul’s baseless Brahmans, the Lalli Jats. Their ruling family’s descendants are still referred to as Sahi Jats
Is Shahi Paneer good for losing weight?
“Paneer is loaded with healthy fats, proteins, and is very low in carbs,” says Shilpa Arora, a Macrobiotic Nutritionist and Health Practitioner. It is beneficial to both weight loss and diabetics. You can eat them raw or prepare them in a healthy way. Vegetables can be added to paneer bhurji or served as tikkas.
Is it safe to eat paneer on a daily basis?
If you’re trying to lose weight, low-fat cow milk paneer is a great option. Learn why paneer is one of the best foods to eat on a regular basis. Paneer made from low-fat cow milk is high in protein and low in fat.
Is paneer going to make me fat?
Paneer has few carbs, 8 gm of protein, and 8 gm of fat per 100 gm (saturated). As a result, it is neither high in protein nor low in fat. If you eat paneer in a balanced manner and at the appropriate time, you will become fit rather than fat. Eat no paneer (cheese) before or after exercising because your body does not require fats.
Is paneer and tofu the same thing?
Tofu is a cheese made from soy milk, whereas paneer is made from goat, cow, and buffalo milk.
If you made this recipe, please be sure to rate the recipe and comment how it was 🙂 You can also Sign up for my email newsletter for more delicious vegetarian recipes.
Also Read: Handvo Recipe