Vegetable Pancake Recipe: A quick and easy savoury pancake recipe made with semolina batter and a variety of vegetables It is possibly one of the simplest and quickest pancake recipes that can be served not only for breakfast but also as a simple snack. Essentially, the pancake is loaded with all of the necessary spices and savoury flavours, making it an ideal self-serving meal, but it can also be served with a spicy chutney or simple tomato sauce.
Instant breakfast recipes are a popular choice for city dwellers or working couples. However, the demand for such recipes has shifted from being simply tasty to being healthy and prepared with ingredients that are readily available in the majority of kitchens. There are many recipes that fit all of these criteria, and one popular and easy pancake recipe is rava veggie pancakes or veggie roastie.
India is not a land of pancakes, but its distant cousin, the south Indian dosa, is widely practised throughout the country. It is nutritious and tasty, but it does necessitate some forethought and an additional side dish to enjoy. whereas the pancake recipe brought to India by the immigrant community is quick, tasty, and requires little planning.
These pancakes are generally sweet in flavour and can be served as a dessert snack or for breakfast in the morning. However, this post is about a savoury pancake that should appeal to Indian palates. I am convinced that we Indians prefer a spicy and savoury meal for breakfast rather than a sweet or sugar-laden meal. As a result, this recipe should be ideal for savoury eaters as well as a welcome change for those with a sweet tooth.
Additionally, some additional tips, suggestions, and variations to the vegetable pancake recipe To begin, the vegetable combination for this recipe is flexible, and you can use whatever vegetables you want. Furthermore, if you intend to serve these to children, make sure to chop the vegetables as finely as possible so that they can be easily consumed.
Second, try to cook these pancakes in a small, thick-bottomed pan. Obviously, because it is thick, it must be cooked on a low flame so that the heat is distributed evenly and the food is properly cooked. Finally, these pancakes should not be served with any additional side dishes. However, for a more flavorful dish, I recommend serving it with green chutney, coconut chutney, or tomato sauce.
You can also see my other Breakfast & Brunch Recipes Collection, it Includes various Breakfast recipes to start your day with, Ragi Idli Recipe, Red Sauce Pasta Recipe, Instant Bread Masala Dosa and So on.
And you can also visit other categories such as:
Vegetable Pancake Recipe Card:
Vegetable Pancake Recipe
- 1 cup rava / semolina / suji (coarse)
- 1/4 cup curd
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 tsp oil
- 1/2 onion (finely chopped)
- 1 carrot (finely chopped)
- 1/2 capsicum (finely chopped)
- 3 tbsp sweet corn
- 5 beans (finely chopped)
- 1/2 tsp chilli flakes
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp coriander (finely chopped)
- 1/2 tsp eno / fruit salt
- 2 tbsp water
- oil (for roasting)
- To begin, combine 1 cup rava, 1/4 cup curd, and 1/2 teaspoon salt in a large mixing bowl.
- 3/4 cup water should be added and mixed well to form a smooth batter.
- Cover with a towel and set aside for 10 minutes.
- Heat 2 tsp oil in a pan and sauté 1/2 onion until it changes colour slightly.
- 1 carrot, 1/2 capsicum, 3 tbsp sweet corn, 5 beans, 1/2 tsp chilli flakes, and 1/2 tsp salt
- Sauté for a minute, checking to ensure that all of the vegetables are still crunchy.
- Mix the vegetable mixture and 2 tbsp coriander into the rava mixture.
- Also, mix in 1/2 tsp eno and 2 tbsp water to make a frothy batter.
- In a separate pan, heat 3 tsp oil and spread the rava batter evenly.
- Cover and cook for 3 minutes, or until the base is well roasted.
- Turn over and continue to roast on medium heat.
- Finally, a vegetable pancake or nutri roastie with chutney or sauce is a must.
- First, add your favourite vegetables to make them colourful and nutritious.
- Also, roasting the pancake in a small pan will make it look more appealing and give it a crunchy texture.
- Alternatively, 14 tsp baking soda can be substituted for eno.
- Finally, when served hot, the vegetable pancake or nutri roastie recipe tastes delicious.
If you made this recipe, please be sure to rate the recipe and comment how it was 🙂 You can also Sign up for my email newsletter for more delicious vegetarian recipes.
Also Read: Besan Milk Cake Recipe