Besan Milk Cake Recipe: A traditional Indian dessert made with chickpea flour, sugar, milk powder, and ghee Because it contains the goodness of besan flour and milk powder, it is an excellent substitute for the traditional besan barfi recipe. It is typically made with a soft texture similar to cake, but it tastes just as good when prepared with a hard texture because it melts in your mouth.
Besan ki barfi is a besan, sugar, and ghee-based gramme flour fudge. It is one of those traditional sweets that everyone, including children, enjoys.
Barfi recipes have always been a popular indian sweet made with various types of nuts, flour, or a combination of both. However, these barfi recipes have been adapted to other forms, with the cake-based variation being the most popular. The besan milk cake recipe, known for its soft and creamy texture and layering, is one such easy and simple barfi cake variation.
Besan barfi recipe with added creaminess. When compared to besan-based sweets, adding milk powder makes it softer and lighter. The consistency of the sugar syrup, on the other hand, affects the softness of this cake barfi.
In addition, here are some more tips, suggestions, and variations for the creamy besan milk cake recipe. First and foremost, I would strongly advise using fine or besan mixture used for ladoos. It must be fresh, as you will notice when you begin frying it. When you fry it in ghee, it should begin to release its aroma.
Second, in place of sugar and sugar syrup, you can substitute jaggery or jaggery syrup. However, you might not get the same colour as with sugar syrup. Finally, if the barfi is still soft or chewy, place it in the refrigerator to harden. The only reason it may become soft is due to the consistency of the sugar syrup. If it is less than one string, it may become soft and chewy.
You can also see my other Sweet Recipes Collection, it Includes various delicious sweet recipes such as Ras Malai Recipe, Chhena Rasgulla Recipe, Peda Recipe, Chocolate Barfi Recipe, Jalebi Recipe and So on.
And you can also visit other categories such as:
Besan Milk Cake Recipe Card:
Besan Milk Cake Recipe
- 1 cup ghee / clarified butter
- 2 cups besan / gram flour
- 1 cup milk powder (unsweetened)
- 1/4 tsp cardamom powder
- 1½ cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 2 tbsp pistachios (chopped)
- 2 tbsp almond / badam (chopped)
- First, heat 1 cup ghee in a large kadai and add 2 cups besan.
- Roast on a low heat until the besan becomes aromatic.
- After about ten minutes, the besan will begin to release ghee.
- Now stir in 1 cup milk powder and 1/4 teaspoon cardamom powder. Cooking time should not be exceeded. Set aside.
- 1½ cup sugar and 1 cup water in a large kadai
- Stir in the sugar and bring to a boil for 5 minutes.
- Boil the sugar syrup until it reaches a string consistency.
- Stir in the prepared besan milk powder mixture while keeping the flame on low.
- Cook until the mixture comes together and becomes smooth.
- Place the mixture on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Top with 2 tbsp pistachios and 2 tbsp almond.
- Rest for 30 minutes, or until completely set.
- Now, using a sharp knife, cut to the desired size.
- Finally, serve the delicious besan milk cake immediately or store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week.
- To begin, avoid browning the besan as this will change the colour of the burfi.
- In addition, if you want hard burfi, cook for a little longer.
- Furthermore, adding milk powder softens the burfi compared to the texture of besan burfi.
- Finally, like milk burfi, besan milk cake recipe tastes great when prepared slightly soft.
Why isn’t my Burfi turning on?
The burfi will not set if the syrup is undercooked. The syrup must be cooked until it reaches a one string consistency. Once the sugar has dissolved, reduce the heat to “low” and continue to cook the syrup for 5 to 6 minutes. This will produce a one string consistency, so stick to the timings and don’t overcook the syrup.
What is the calorie count of besan burfi?
One serving of Quick Besan Barfi with Ghee contains 272 calories. Carbohydrates account for 103 calories, proteins account for 19 calories, and the remaining calories (150 calories) come from fat.
Is besan a weight gainer?
Besan contains more protein and good fat than whole wheat flour. It has a low glycemic index and is high in complex carbohydrates and folate. Chaas aids in weight loss, immunity building, and cardiovascular health. So, the next time you have kadhi, don’t be afraid to eat it because it won’t make you gain weight.
Can we lose weight by eating Barfi?
Yes, if the coconut barfi is made from scratch with freshly grated coconut and jaggery rather than refined sugar. Furthermore, much of the fat in coconut is in the form of medium-chain triglycerides (MCTs), which may aid in weight loss.
If you made this recipe, please be sure to rate the recipe and comment how it was 🙂 You can also Sign up for my email newsletter for more delicious vegetarian recipes.
Also Read: Sabudana Vada Recipe