Red Sauce Pasta Recipe: A traditional Italian red pasta made with homemade red pasta sauce It is a traditional Italian cuisine recipe that is known for its taste, flavour, and creaminess in every bite. The recipe is heavily influenced by Italian cuisine, but it has been tailored and customised for Indian taste buds.
Simple, no-frills red sauce that goes well with a variety of pasta and is not watered down. Use canned tomatoes to make a tasty sauce. Except in the summer, ‘fresh’ tomatoes are usually harvested when green and left to ripen for an extended period of time. If you like your sauce spicy, add more red pepper flakes!
Onion, red bell peppers, and garlic form the foundation of this red sauce. All of these ingredients are slowly cooked in olive oil until they are sweet and soft. These are then pureed with chopped tomatoes, and your sauce is simply simmered for 5-10 minutes with a few seasonings. Quick, simple, and oh-so-delicious!
This red sauce pasta is so delicious that you’ll want to make it again and again. Preparing the pasta and sauce so that if you want a quicker meal, you can make the sauce ahead of time and refrigerate it. This dish is suitable for vegetarians.
Indian cuisine is known for its adaptability and adaptability to other cuisines. It has adapted a plethora of recipes from western and European cuisines, in particular. The traditional pasta recipe, also known as red sauce pasta recipe, is one such easy and simple adapted recipe.
Here are some more tips, suggestions, and variations to the red sauce pasta recipe. First and foremost, I strongly advise using penne pasta to make the red sauce-based pasta. Other types of pasta may be used, but the taste and flavour will not be the same. Second, the sauce made in this recipe can be used to make pizza sauce. As a result, you can easily prepare this recipe in bulk, store it in an airtight container, and use it whenever you need it. Finally, if you think the amount of chillies I added is too much for your taste, you can reduce it by one or two.
And you can also visit other categories such as:
Red Sauce Pasta Recipe Card:
Red Sauce Pasta Recipe
For Pasta Boiling:
- 5 cups water
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cups pasta (elicoidali or penne)
To Make Tomato Puree:
- water (for boiling)
- 5 tomato
- 2 dried red chilli (optional)
Pasta With Red Sauce:
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 clove garlic (finely chopped)
- 1 onion (finely chopped)
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 1 tsp mixed herbs
- 1/4 tsp pepper powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp tomato sauce
Pasta is being cooked:
- First, bring 6 cups of water and 1 teaspoon salt to a boil in a large kadai.
- When the water begins to boil, add 2 cups pasta. I used elicoidali pasta, but penne pasta would also work.
- Boil the pasta for 7 minutes, or until it is al dente.
- Drain the pasta and set it aside.
Making the pasta sauce:
- First, drop 5 tomato marked x into a large vessel filled with hot boiling water.
- Boil for 5 minutes after adding 2 dried red chilies.
- Tomato skin should be drained and peeled.
- Blend to a smooth paste and set aside.
- 2 tbsp olive oil in a large wok, 2 garlic cloves sautéed
- 1 onion should be sautéed.
- 1 tsp chilli flakes, 1 tsp mixed herbs, 1/4 tsp pepper powder, and 1./2 tsp salt Sauté thoroughly.
- Mix in the prepared tomato puree and 2 tbsp tomato sauce.
- Cook for 2 minutes, or until the tomato puree is completely cooked.
- Now, add the boiled pasta and mix thoroughly.
- Finally, grate some cheese on top of the red sauce pasta and serve.
- First, adjust the spice to your preference. I’ve made a slightly spicy version. If you’re serving this to children, you can leave out the red chilli.
- To make pasta more nutritious, add your favourite vegetables.
- Furthermore, do not overcook the pasta, as it will become mushy when served.
- Finally, when a generous amount of cheese is added to the red sauce pasta recipe, it tastes fantastic.
- You can make the recipe completely vegan by omitting the cheese garnish or substituting a vegan cheese.
- To make this dish, you can use any type of pasta.
- You can substitute any oil for the olive oil.
- Add ripe, red, and less sour tomatoes.
What is the name of red sauce pasta?
Marinara sauce is a traditional tomato-based pasta sauce. Arrabbiata Sauce: To make Arrabbiata, a spicy marinara sauce, combine traditional marinara sauce with crushed red pepper flakes or chopped chilli peppers.
Which is better: red sauce pasta or white sauce pasta?
White sauce has a more delicate and creamy flavour than the fiery red sauce. This tasty sauce has a high fat content due to the use of butter, flour, and cheese, which creates a creamy sauce.
Is it possible to cook pasta in red sauce?
Simply thin some tomato sauce with water, bring it to a boil, add the dry spaghetti, and cook for about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally to keep the pasta from sticking to the bottom of the pan, until it reaches an al dente texture.
Is tomato sauce better for you than alfredo?
The fat and calories in Alfredo, vodka, and pesto sauces are higher than in most tomato-based sauces. Cream is used in Alfredo and vodka sauces, which raises the saturated fat content.
Is pasta with tomato sauce healthy?
Pasta with tomato sauce, in addition to being delicious, can help you stay fit and slim if cooked correctly and consumed in the appropriate amounts. “This dish contains vitamins, fibre, and ‘good’ carbohydrates, which provide energy and aid in the proper functioning of the body,” says nutritionist Valentina Schir.
Is pasta good for losing weight?
There’s no need to give up spaghetti in order to eat a healthy diet.
While some people avoid eating too many carbs when trying to lose weight, a new study has revealed that eating pasta as part of a healthy diet could actually help you shed a few extra pounds if necessary.
Do you add the sauce to the pasta or the pasta to the sauce?
Remove the hot pasta from the pasta water and place it in the pot with the hot sauce. And we’re going to cook it all together for a minute so the pasta can soak up some of the sauce.
What’s the deal with my pasta sauce not sticking to the pasta?
The reasoning behind this is that the pasta will continue to cook in the sauce later. So, if you take it out of the water at a ready-to-eat consistency, it will be overcooked by the time you finish mixing everything together. Before draining the pasta, save at least half a cup of the cooking water.
Is pasta considered a junk food?
Although pasta is a pantry staple, few people would agree that it is a healthy pantry addition. Pasta is frequently labelled as “junk food” because it is high in simple carbohydrates, which can persuade people to abandon traditional (and delicious) pasta dishes.
Should you put butter on your pasta before you add the sauce?
Adding fat to cooked pasta reduces the likelihood of the sauce adhering to the pasta. No problem if you’re just having a simple dish of buttered pasta. Melt the butter, toss in the pasta, and possibly add some of the pasta water to make your sauce.
Why is it a bad idea to cut pasta in half?
The reason you should not break pasta is because it is designed to wrap around your fork. That’s how long pasta should be eaten. You rotate your fork, and it should be long enough to stick to itself and become entangled in such a way that it doesn’t slip off or drip sauce.
Are jars of pasta sauce nutritious?
And if you’re short on time – and energy – a jar of marinara sauce from the store can come in handy. And it’s also good for you. Most tomato-based sauces are low in saturated fat, cholesterol-free, and high in lycopene, an antioxidant linked to prostate cancer protection.
If you made this recipe, please be sure to rate the recipe and comment how it was 🙂 You can also Sign up for my email newsletter for more delicious vegetarian recipes.
Also Read: Eggless Pancake Recipe