Cheese Garlic Bread Recipe: Cheese Garlic Bread is a quick, easy, and simple recipe. The combination of cheese, garlic, and herbs creates a delicious flavour. Serve Cheese Garlic Bread as an appetiser or starter before a full course meal or a pizza meal. You can do it in a short amount of time. A quick recipe for a guest. It’s so cheesy that kids can’t wait to eat it. The cheese garlic bread recipe can be made in a variety of ways.
Garlic bread is a delectable flavorful bread with delicious buttery, garlicky hues and generously seasoned with herbs. It is stuffed with melt-in-your-mouth mozzarella or cheddar cheese to make it even more delectable. This post includes a simple Dominos-style garlic bread recipe that you can make at home.
This garlic bread is ideal as an appetiser, starter, or soup accompaniment. It can also be served as a vegetarian side dish alongside pizza and pasta. The bread is absolutely delectable, with irresistible aromas from butter, garlic, herbs, and that stringy melting cheese that makes every bite even more heavenly.
The shape of this bread is based on the one available at Domino’s in India. It has a semi-circle shape and is cut in such a way that you can pull out sticks from it. I’m mentioning India in particular because not every Domino’s serves the garlic bread in the same way. On a recent trip to New York, I noticed that the Dominos there serve a similar garlic bread in the form of knots or bites.
Essentially, this is a recipe for homemade garlic-flavored creamy, buttery, and cheesy bread. It is usually served as an appetiser or starter before a full course meal or a pizza meal.
The garlic bread recipe can be made in a variety of ways. This recipe, however, is very similar to Domino’s signature garlic bread recipe. Although store-bought garlic bread is probably the simplest way to prepare it, I started from scratch in this recipe. It is without a doubt one of the easiest, simplest, and most delicious baked recipes.
In addition, some helpful hints and suggestions for making the perfect garlic bread recipe. First and foremost, I used dry yeast in this recipe, but you can also use baking soda and baking powder. Second, remember to include sugar in the yeast and warm milk mixture. Sugar acts as a catalyst, causing the yeast fermentation process to begin. Bake the garlic bread in a preheated oven at all times. Preheat the oven for 10 minutes before continuing with the baking process. Finally, you can omit the cheese entirely and prepare a simple garlic bread recipe.
And you can also visit other categories such as:
Cheese Garlic Bread Recipe Card:
Cheese Garlic Bread Recipe
to make garlic bread dough:
- 1/4 cup warm milk
- 1 tsp dry yeast / any yeast
- 1 tsp sugar
- ▢pinch of salt
- 3 cloves garlic (finely chopped)
- 3/4 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp unsalted butter (at room temperature)
- 1 cup plain flour / maida / all purpose flour
- 2 tsp oil
To Make garlic Butter:
- 1/4 cup butter (melted)
- 3 cloves garlic (finely chopped)
- 2 tbsp coriander leaves (finely chopped)
- 3 tbsp plain flour / maida / all purpose flour (to dust)
- 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese / any cheese of choice
- 2 tsp chili flakes
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp mixed herbs
Recipe For Garlic Dough:
- First, place 1/4 cup warm milk in a large mixing bowl.
- Add 1 tsp dry yeast on top of that.
- And 1 tsp sugar to activate yeast Combine thoroughly.
- Rest for 5 minutes, or until the yeast activates.
- After 4-5 minutes, the milk becomes frothy, indicating that the yeast has been activated.
- Moreover, a pinch of salt should be added.
- Add garlic and oregano as well.
- In addition, add butter.
- Later, add the maida and begin kneading the dough.
- Punch the dough down and knead until smooth and soft.
- Moreover, if the dough is not soft, coat it with oil and knead it.
- Tuck the dough in until it is smooth.
- Cover and set aside the dough for 2 hours in a warm place.
Recipe For Garlic Bread:
- We can see that the dough has raised and doubled in size after 2 hours.
- Punch the dough to remove any excess air that has been incorporated into it.
- Dust a little maida on your work surface and knead for another minute.
- Form a ball out of the dough by tucking it in.
- And then pat gently to form an oval shape
- Make the garlic butter as well. In a small mixing bowl, combine the butter, garlic, and coriander leaves.
- Spread the prepared garlic butter generously over the dough.
- On half of the dough, top with a generous amount of mozzarella cheese.
- Season with chilli flakes and oregano as well.
- Fold the dough in half and pinch the edges together.
- If the edges are not well sealed, the cheese will leak out while baking.
- Place on a baking sheet lined with butter paper.
- Additionally, brush with a generous amount of prepared garlic butter.
- Top with chilli flakes and mixed herbs if desired.
- Make marks on the bread with a knife but don't cut it all the way through.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Place the bread in the oven.
- Bake the bread for 15 minutes at 180 degrees Celsius or 356 degrees Fahrenheit, or until golden brown.
- Cut the garlic bread into bite-sized pieces.
- Finally, drizzle mayonnaise or tomato ketchup over the cheesy garlic bread.
- To begin, soak the yeast in warm water or milk.
- Also, allow the dough to rest for at least 2 hours.
- Furthermore, knead the dough thoroughly or the garlic bread will become hard and chewy.
- In order to make it more flavorful, add more Italian seasonings.
- Finally, when served hot, cheesy garlic bread tastes fantastic.
How do you make homemade cheesy garlic bread?
In a small bowl, combine melted butter and garlic, then spread evenly over dough, all the way to the edges. Parmesan and mozzarella cheeses should be sprinkled on top. Place the dough (while still on the parchment paper) on the hot pizza stone in the oven. 8-12 minutes, or until golden and bubbly
Is it necessary to keep garlic cheese bread refrigerated?
Garlic bread is best stored at room temperature; it does not need to be refrigerated. In fact, refrigeration is not advised because the bread can quickly dry out and become crusty, if not stale. If you need to keep the bread for an extended period of time, freeze it instead of refrigerating it.
How do you make homemade garlic bread without yeast?
1 cup all-purpose flour or maida in a mixing bowl Add one teaspoon of sugar and salt to taste. 1 tsp baking soda (or Kalevala soda) a half teaspoon of baking powder 1/2 teaspoon of mixed Italian herbs
Is it true that garlic kills yeast in bread?
You can substitute all-purpose flour or bread flour for the spelt flour. Because this is a basic dough recipe, feel free to experiment with additional ingredients such as roasted peppers, chopped olives, or fresh herbs. Fresh garlic can kill or slow the yeast, preventing your dough from rising properly.
Is garlic bread still edible if left out overnight?
Garlic bread is best stored at room temperature; it does not need to be refrigerated. In fact, refrigeration is not advised because the bread can quickly dry out and become crusty, if not stale.
How should garlic bread be reheated without becoming hard?
Baking garlic bread in the oven is the best way to reheat it. Simply wrap the bread in foil and place it in the oven for 10-15 minutes. Alternatively, you can use the microwave to quickly reheat the bread, or the stovetop if you need it to stay slightly warm.
Is it okay to thaw frozen garlic bread?
Yes, it is safe to freeze and rethaw bread, though the quality may suffer as a result. When you’re finally ready to eat it, toast it to bring out its best qualities.
If you made this recipe, please be sure to rate the recipe and comment how it was 🙂 You can also Sign up for my email newsletter for more delicious vegetarian recipes.
Also Read: Bread Roll Recipe