Whole Wheat Bread Recipe: as a healthy alternative, a type of brown bread recipe made with whole-wheat flour or chakki atta Traditionally, bread is made with plain flour or maida; however, this homemade bread is made with wholemeal wheat. These wheat-based breads are perfect for breakfast and sandwiches, but they can also be served as butter toast.
With the ingredients you already have on hand, this foolproof recipe yields a really good soft wheat bread.This bread has a soft wholemeal crumb and a light crumb. The recipe lacks the typical denseness and heaviness found in 100 percent whole wheat bread. The recipe contains a special and secret ingredient that aids in the development of gluten.
Traditionally, it was made with all-purpose flour, an activating agent such as yeast, and baked in a conventional oven. However, the use of plain flour or bread flour may not suit certain people with specific dietary requirements, so wholemeal bread is prepared to meet those needs.
Bread recipes have always been a popular dish throughout history, dating back to the dawn of agriculture. Bread is a staple food in many cuisines around the world, so there are numerous ways and variations to it. Flatbreads, particularly those made with wheat and plain flour, are popular in India, particularly in the north. However, European and African cuisines generally shape the bread into a loaf that can later be sliced for the specific requirement. Even this recipe post is about a bread loaf that is later sliced into thin bread slices. Furthermore, these individual eggless whole wheat bread slices have air pockets that make them soft and spongy. These bread slices can be used in a variety of dishes, including sandwiches, bread-related snacks, and bread-related desserts.
In addition, some critical and important recommendations and tips for making wheat bread. To begin, the bread recipe contains no fancy ingredients and is made with simple ingredients such as wheat and yeast mixed with milk or water. However, the kneading and yeast proofing remain critical. I kneaded the dough for about 15 minutes, followed by shaping and tucking in. There is no shortcut to it; it must be done patiently. Furthermore, once the dough has been shaped and has risen in the baking tray, brush and wash it with milk. This step contributes to a golden brown and crunchy texture.
And you can also visit other categories such as:
Whole Wheat Bread Recipe Card:
Whole Wheat Bread Recipe
For Homemade Bread:
- 1 cup milk (warm)
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tbsp dry yeast
- 3 cups wheat flour / atta
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1/2 cup water (as required)
- 1/2 tsp butter (to brush)
For Bread Maker:
- 260 ml water
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 2.5 tbsp sugar
- 210 gram maida / plain flour
- 210 gram wheat flour / atta
- 1.5 tsp dry yeast
For Homemade Bread
- First, place 1 cup warm milk in a large mixing bowl. Replace with warm water for a vegan recipe.
- Add 2 tbsp sugar and 1/2 tbsp dry yeast as well. Combine thoroughly.
- Allow the yeast to activate while you rest.
- 3 cup wheat flour, 1 teaspoon salt, and 2 tablespoons oil are also added. Mix thoroughly to ensure that everything is well combined.
- In addition, add 1/2 cup water and knead for 5 minutes.
- Place the dough on a flat surface and dust with wheat flour to keep it from sticking.
- Continue to knead the dough until it is light, airy, and chewy. Fold and tuck the dough well.
- Put the kneaded dough in a greased mixing bowl. Rest for 2 hours, covered with cling wrap or a moist cloth.
- The dough will double in size after 2 hours.
- Take out the dough and knead it by folding from the corners.
- roll into a cylindrical shape and slightly flatten
- Fold the dough in half and roll it tightly.
- Press the dough from all sides into a greased bread loaf pan. I used a smith+nobel bread loaf pan (21x11cm).
- Cover and set aside for 30 minutes, or until the dough has risen to just an inch above the loaf pan.
- Brush the bread dough with milk before baking to achieve a golden brown colour.
- Place the bread loaf pan in a preheated oven and bake for 30 minutes at 180°C.
- To make a soft and shiny crust, rub a tsp of butter on top of the bread.
- Remove from the pan and place on a cooling rack to cool. Allow at least 10 minutes for it to cool before slicing.
- Finally, spread jam on whole wheat or atta bread and serve as a sandwich.
Using a bread machine to make whole wheat bread:
- To begin, combine 260 mL water, 1/2 tsp salt, 3 tbsp sugar, and 2½ tbsp oil in a Kent atta maker & bread maker's pan.
- Also add 210 gm maida, 210 gm atta, and 1½ tsp dry yeast to how to make bread in bread maker. Always start with liquid, then add 1½ tsp dry ingredients.
- To select whole wheat bread, press the menu button.
- Set the weight to 750 grammes and the colour to dark crust.
- To begin making bread, press the start button. (Automatically kneading, fermenting, and baking bread takes 4 hours)
- Remove the bread pan once the process is finished.
- Remove the bread from the pan slowly and allow to cool for 20 minutes before slicing.
- Finally, serve whole-wheat bread with jam or make a sandwich with it.
- First and foremost, knead the dough thoroughly so that it does not become soft.
- In addition, replace wheat flour with maida when making white bread.
- In addition, if you are vegan, replace the milk with water.
- Finally, because no preservatives are used, whole wheat bread or atta bread keeps for two days.
Is it healthy to eat whole wheat bread on a daily basis?
Whole grains are higher in vitamins, minerals, and fibre than refined grains. However, eating too much whole wheat bread can lead to weight gain. As a result, include it in your daily calorie budget.
Which is preferable: brown bread or whole wheat bread?
Whole-wheat bread contains vitamins E and A as well. The nutritional value of brown bread is determined by the type of flour used and the degree of refinement. Whole-wheat bread contains up to 300 percent more zinc, 40 percent more iron, and more magnesium, manganese, and phosphorus t
Which is better, brown or white bread?
Because all parts of the grain are used to make the brown bread, it is also known as whole wheat bread. It is harder than white bread because it contains bran, which pops off the bubbles during baking.
How much brown bread should I consume per day?
In fact, according to his research, eating the equivalent of 7.5 slices of whole-grain bread per day is associated with “optimal” health outcomes.
Is it possible for me to lose weight if I stop eating bread?
Your friend is correct, according to the answer. Leaving out white bread, white potatoes, white rice, and white pasta from your diet can help you lose weight. These four foods can cause cravings for carbohydrates, also known as sugars, due to the way your body processes them.
If you made this recipe, please be sure to rate the recipe and comment how it was 🙂 You can also Sign up for my email newsletter for more delicious vegetarian recipes.
Also Read: Mango Cake Recipe (Eggless)