Date Walnut Cake Recipe is a simple and delicious cake recipe. This cake is simple enough for even inexperienced bakers to make. Recipe is eggless and vegan.Cake with dates and walnuts has always been a favourite. During the Christmas or Easter season.
A traditional dark loaf cake made with plain flour and dates and topped with walnuts It is typically made during the Christmas season, but it can also be served as an evening snack. It is typically made with plain flour, but I have used wheat flour as a healthier alternative in this recipe.
Cake recipes are fairly common, particularly during the Christmas season. Fruit plum cake made with grape juice and mixed berries was the most popular recipe at the time. However, another popular recipe is date and walnut cake, which has the same texture and flavour but is much easier to make.
A traditional cake recipe is date cake or date walnut cake. It is made especially for Christmas celebrations, particularly in the United Kingdom and other parts of Europe. Furthermore, it is made and served during Thanksgiving celebrations in the United States. Furthermore, because it is generally made with a mild sweetness, it can be consumed as an evening snack with a cup of tea or even for breakfast in the morning. In addition, the cake is baked in a loaf shape, as opposed to other cake recipes, which are typically round or square in shape. As a result, it is ideal for sharing and serving with friends and family during the festival celebrations.
Although the recipe for date walnut cake is extremely simple, there are some tips and suggestions to keep in mind while baking it. First and foremost, I used wheat flour in this recipe, which provides a healthy alternative. However, if you want a more authentic flavour, use plain flour, also known as maida flour. Second, while preparing the cake batter, I substituted olive oil for butter. When you add butter to it, it becomes more flavorful, but it hardens when it cools. As a result, you may need to warm it before serving to soften it. Finally, you can play around with the recipe by adding dry fruits or grape/wine juices. This should result in a cake that is very similar to the Christmas fruit cake.
And you can also visit other categories such as:
Date Walnut Cake Recipe Card:
Date walnut Cake Recipe
- 2 cup dates / khajur (300 gm)
- 1 cup milk (hot) (255 ml)
For Cake Batter:
- 3/4 cup olive oil (190 ml)
- 1/4 cup curd / yogurt (60 ml)
- 2 cup wheat flour / atta (260 gm)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup walnuts (60 gm)
- 5 dates / khajur (chopped)
- To begin, soak 2 cup dates in 1 cup milk for 30 minutes in a small bowl.
- To make a smooth paste adding milk as needed
- Now, in a large mixing bowl, combine the blended dates paste.
- Add 1/4 cup curd + 3/4 cup olive oil.
- Blend the mixture until it is completely combined.
- Place the sieve over 2 cup wheat flour, 1 teaspoon baking powder, and 1/2 teaspoon baking soda.
- Blend and mix thoroughly until the mixture is completely combined.
- 1/2 cup milk should be added to make a smooth cake batter.
- 1/2 cup walnuts and 5 dates are also recommended.
- Combine using the cut and fold method to make a mix.
- Overmixing will result in a rubbery cake.
- Pour the batter into the cake pan or bread mould. To avoid sticking, grease the mould and line the bottom with butter paper. I used a 21x11cm smith+nobel bread loaf pan.
- Pat the tray twice to remove the air from the batter.
- To make it look more appealing, top with more walnuts.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Place the cake pan in the oven. Bake the cake for 45 minutes at 180 degrees Celsius (356 degrees Fahrenheit).
- Or bake until a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean
- Allow the cake to cool completely before cutting into thick slices and serving.
- Finally, serve or store the dates cake in an airtight container.
- First, if you don’t want to use olive oil, use butter or any neutral-flavored oil.
- If you prefer more sweetness, add 14 cup brown sugar/sugar.
- You can also add dry fruits if you prefer.
- In addition, if you are vegan, replace the curd with water and add 1 teaspoon vinegar.
- Finally, a healthy dates cake recipe can be enjoyed for breakfast in the morning.
How long can date and walnut cake be stored?
The cake can be kept for up to 5 days if wrapped in foil or stored in an airtight container.
What is the best way to decorate a cake with walnuts?
It was cut with the blade’s edge. On the sides, you want a fairly thick layer. To give the nuts something to adhere to, carefully press handfuls of chopped toasted nuts onto the sides.
How do you incorporate nuts into a cake mix?
Delectable! Incorporate some mix-ins, such as nuts, dried fruits, or chocolate chips, into your cake. Add about 12 cup of add-ins, making sure to coat them in flour so they don’t sink to the bottom.
How do you prevent walnuts from sinking in a cake?
Shake the bag vigorously to coat the nuts and carrots with flour. Before putting the cake in the oven, fold them into the batter last. The flour aids in the suspension of the nuts and carrots in the batter, preventing them from sinking to the bottom.
How do you make sprinkles adhere to the side of a cake?
Spatula. I just drew some swooshes. I cleaned up the top and the sides. So they’re nice and tidy.
Can I substitute Greek yoghurt for the oil in the cake mix?
When your favourite baking recipe calls for oil, shortening, butter, milk, or even sour cream, you can substitute Greek, plain, fat-free, or low-fat yoghurt. Aguirre warns that Greek yoghurt has a stronger tang than plain yoghurt. “As a result, plain yoghurt works well as a substitute in baking,” she says.
If you made this recipe, please be sure to rate the recipe and comment how it was 🙂 You can also Sign up for my email newsletter for more delicious vegetarian recipes.
Also Read: Banana Cake Recipe