Manchow Soup Recipe: Veg Manchow Soup is a delectable vegan soup recipe made by simmering finely chopped vegetables in a hot and spicy broth infused with Asian flavours. The soup is topped with fried noodles, which give it a nice texture.
An easy and delicious indo chinese recipe made with finely chopped vegetables and chinese sauces It is possibly one of the most sought-after appetiser recipes, which is typically served before the meal but can also be served as a light lunch or dinner. Manchow can be made with a variety of ingredients and sauces, but this recipe stays true to the basic healthy vegetable-based soup recipe.
Soup recipes were traditionally not part of Indian meals and cuisine, and were always regarded as non-native. However, there was a similar appetiser recipe that was served with rice or as a beverage. Having said that, some recipes have become an essential part of Indian cuisine, and veg manchow soup recipe is one such easy and simple recipe with a sour and spicy flavour.
Basically, if you have finely chopped vegetables on hand, you can make these soup recipes in minutes. Furthermore, you may add or experiment with different types of vegetables or as desired.
However, because it is sold in India under the category of Chinese or Indo-Chinese soup, many Indians believe it is a Chinese or Indo-Chinese soup. Manchow soup is a popular soup in Indo-Chinese restaurants. Sweet corn soup and Hot & Sour soup are two other popular soups in this category.
Making Manchow soup at home is so simple that once you’ve tried it, ordering it from a restaurant will seem like a waste of money. This simple soup will be ready in minutes, with the only major effort being in chopping the vegetables. However, if you have a good chopper like this, even the chopping will be done in a matter of minutes.
Veg Manchow soup is made by simmering finely chopped vegetables in a delicious hot and spicy broth infused with Asian flavours. After that, the soup is topped with fried noodles.
Add some more suggestions, tips, and variations to the veg manchow soup recipe. First and foremost, I would strongly advise finely chopping the vegetables so that they can be easily cooked. In addition, the vegetables should be partially cooked and have a tender and crisp flavour and shape. Second, in addition to vegetables, you can add meat, fish, tofu, mushrooms, and even paneer grate. The same rule applies to additional ingredients, which must be finely chopped. Finally, for the fried noodles, I used store-bought noodles that I deep-fried to get a crisp texture. You can do the same thing or buy the crisp noodles to go on top of the soup. However, you should check the freshness of the noodles because they may have a strong oil odour.
And you can also visit other categories such as:
Manchow Soup Recipe Card:
Manchow Soup Recipe
For Fried Noodles:
- 4 cups water
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp oil
- 1 pack hakka noodles
- 1 tsp cornflour
- oil (for frying)
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 inch ginger (finely chopped)
- 2 clove garlic ( finely chopped )
- 2 chilli (finely chopped)
- 1/2 onion (finely chopped)
- 1/2 carrot (finely chopped)
- 3 tbsp cabbage (finely chopped)
- 1/2 capsicum (finely chopped)
- 2 tbsp coriander stem (chopped)
- 4 cups water
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp vinegar
- 1/2 tsp pepper powder
- 1 tsp chilli sauce
- 1 tsp cornflour
- 1/4 cup water (for slurry)
- 2 tbsp coriander (finely chopped)
Preparing Fried Noodles:
- First, combine 4 cup water, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1 teaspoon oil in a large mixing bowl.
- When the water begins to boil, add 1 pack of hakka noodles.
- To determine the cooking time, boil for 5 minutes or refer to the package instructions.
- Cook until the noodles are al dente, but not overcooked.
- To stop the cooking process, drain the noodles and rinse with cold water.
- Now, gently fold in 1 tsp cornflour.
- Deep fry the noodles in hot oil, spreading them out evenly.
- Keep the flame on medium and stir occasionally.
- Flip the noodles over and fry on the other side until crisp.
- Finally, drain and set aside the crispy noodles.
Preparation of Manchow Soup:
- First, heat 2 tbsp oil in a large kadai and sauté 1 inch ginger, 2 garlic cloves, and 2 chillies.
- In addition, sauté 1/2 onion until it shrinks slightly.
- 1/2 carrot, 3 tbsp cabbage, 1/2 capsicum, 5 beans, and 2 tbsp coriander stem are now added.
- Stir fry for a minute, being careful not to overcook them.
- Pour in 4 cup of water and add 3/4 teaspoon salt. Combine thoroughly.
- Boil until all of the flavours have been well absorbed.
- 2 tbsp soy sauce, 2 tbsp vinegar, 1/2 tsp pepper powder, and 1 tsp chilli sauce are now added. Combine thoroughly.
- 1 tsp cornflour mixed with 1/4 cup water in a small bowl
- Pour in the cornflour slurry and thoroughly mix.
- Cook, stirring constantly, until the soup thickens slightly and becomes glossy.
- Now add 2 tbsp coriander and mix well.
- Finally, enjoy this recipe for veg manchow soup with fried noodles.
- To begin, you can use vegetable stock instead of water for a richer flavour.
- Also, just before serving, add crispy noodles.
- Furthermore, when prepared spicy, the soup tastes fantastic.
- Finally, you can make manchow soup with any vegetables you want.
Does Manchow soup have Ajinomoto?
This is a very comforting healthy soup, the ones you get in restaurants tend to be somewhat pasty and very thick, but when making manchow soup at home you can keep the thickness as per your preference, add less cornflour and make a healthy soup. Also while making at home you can avoid ajinomoto.
What is the distinction between Manchow and hot and sour soup?
What’s the distinction between Manchow soup and vegetable hot and sour soup? … Tomato ketchup has been added to hot and sour soup. We don’t include the fried Hakka noodles. Manchow lacks sauce but makes up for it with crunch.
If you made this recipe, please be sure to rate the recipe and comment how it was 🙂 You can also Sign up for my email newsletter for more delicious vegetarian recipes.
Also Read: Sweet Corn Soup Recipe