Sweet Corn Soup Recipe: Recipe for an easy and healthy creamy soup made with sweet corn kernels and Indo Chinese sauces. It’s a great party starter or appetiser recipe that can be served right before the main course. It is a simple and easy soup recipe that can be made with basic ingredients found in most Indian kitchens.
Soup recipes are a non-traditional dish in Indian cuisine. It was recently introduced and has piqued the interest and approval of many Indian households. Indo-Chinese soup recipes, in particular, have become standard starters for any meal. Sweet corn soup made with corn kernels is one such soup recipe.
Sweet corn kernels are the main ingredient in this recipe, hence the name sweet corn soup. Some Indo-Chinese sauces are used to achieve the incredible flavours in this dish.
With the few ingredients available in the kitchen, anyone can make this soup. It is simple to make and will not take long.The sweetness is naturally derived from the boiled corn kernels. However, you can always add sugar to make it sweeter to your liking.
Soups are popular, especially if they have a Chinese flavour to them. They are not only simple to prepare, but also light on the stomach and very filling.
There aren’t a lot of vegetables in this recipe. However, vegetables such as kale or broccoli can be added to this soup. Just keep in mind to chop them as finely as possible. It’ll go well with the flavours. You can also adjust the consistency to your liking.
It is also up to you to use sauces. Experiment as much as you want with it. Just be careful not to overdo it. You should keep the flavours light. Even if it’s spicy, nothing too hot or sharp.
Soups are a great option for people who have stomach issues as well as toddlers. Furthermore, this soup is ideal for weight loss and dieting. In addition, we’ve seen this soup on the menu at a number of parties and other similar gatherings.
In addition, some important and critical tips, suggestions, and variations to the sweet corn soup recipe are provided. First and foremost, I recommend using fresh sweet corn kernels in this soup recipe. I would only recommend using frozen sweet corn if you don’t have access to fresh. Second, the soup should never be served cold and should always be served warm or hot. If you’re going to serve it later, make sure to reheat it in the microwave or by re-boiling it. Finally, if you’re not afraid of meat, you can use non-veg stock, particularly chicken stock. In supermarkets, you can even get the cubes for the same price.
And you can also visit other categories such as:
And you can also visit other categories such as:
Sweet Corn Soup recipe Card:
Sweet Corn Soup recipe
- 1 medium to large sized corn cob (sweet corn)
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground or crushed black pepper or add as per taste
- 1 tsp chopped celery, skip if you don't have celery
- 1 tbsp chopped spring onions (scallions) or shallots
- 1 tbsp oil (sunflower oil or olive oil) or butter
- 1.5 cups water OR 1.5 cups veg stock OR ¾ cup warm milk + ¾ cup water
- 1/2 tbsp corn starch (corn flour) corn starch (corn flour)
- salt as required
Creating Corn Paste
- Bring the corn cobs to a boil. Scrape the kernels of corn from the cob.
- Set aside about 2 tbsp of the corn kernels.
- To make a smooth paste, combine the remaining corn kernels and some water.
How to Make Corn Soup
- In a pan, heat the oil or butter. If using, sauté the spring onions until they become transparent.
- Cook for a minute after adding the chopped celery. Stir in the corn paste. Add water, milk, or vegetable stock. Allow the soup to come to a boil while stirring.
- Now stir in the black pepper, salt, and remaining corn kernels. Simmer for 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Mix in the corn flour paste. Stir and cook for another 2-3 minutes, or until the soup thickens and the corn flour is cooked.
- Season to taste and serve hot sweet corn soup.
- You can serve the soup garnished with chopped celery or spring onion greens.
- It goes well with garlic bread or toasted bread.
- You can use either American sweet corn or regular corn in this soup. I can assure you that both ways taste good because I’ve made the soup with both of them.
- I used to make this sweet corn soup by combining half-and-half milk and water. The milk would also contribute to the soup’s sweetness. I used water in the recipe post. Because I never have vegetable stock on hand, the soups are made with water, milk, or nut-milks. If you have vegetable stock on hand, you can add it to the soup.
- I occasionally add spring onions to the soup. I’ve included instructions for adding spring onions in the recipe card below. Again, grated or finely chopped vegetables can be used.
- I don’t use cream-styled sweet corn from tins in this soup because I don’t like the taste or texture. I’ve had cream-styled corn soup in restaurants and didn’t care for it. When cooking, it is always preferable to use fresh vegetables rather than canned vegetables. Ajinomoto is another ingredient that I never use when cooking Indo Chinese food.
- Using freshly ground pepper adds a lot of depth to this simple sweet corn soup because the aroma of freshly ground or crushed pepper adds a lot of depth to it.
Is sweet corn soup nutritious?
Excellent for Heart Health
This soup is extremely heart-healthy. Sweet corn soup contains omega 3 fatty acids, which help to lower the risk of heart disease. It also contains natural oil with a good fatty acid composition.
How can I improve the flavour of my vegetable soup?
Herbs and spices for extra flavour
- Fresh or dried herbs such as basil, thyme, oregano, or marjoram can be added.
- Dried herb blends like Italian seasoning or herbs de Provence
- Red pepper flakes will give the dish a spicy kick.
- Paprika or curry powder, for example.
- Simmer with a parmesan rind.
Is it okay to eat boiled corn at night?
Organic corn contains a lot of carbohydrates, which can help you sleep if you eat it correctly. Carbohydrates stimulate insulin, which indirectly increases the availability of tryptophan; higher-glycemic carbs are more effective than low-glycemic carbs.
What is the best way to thicken vegetable soup?
To thicken any soup quickly, combine a tablespoon of cornstarch with a tablespoon of cold water and add it to the soup. Allow it to come to a simmer before repeating if you want it thicker. How do I thicken soup without using flour? To thicken soup, substitute cornstarch for flour.
When is the best time of year to eat corn?
Most people prefer to eat corn after it has been cooked, usually with butter, oils, and seasonings. Corn can also be eaten raw. Many people believe that raw young, tender corn tastes best. Salads, soups, and casseroles can benefit from the texture provided by the kernels.
Is oregano suitable for soup?
Oregano: If you’re making a hearty soup thickened with whole-grain barley, try oregano in chicken soup. Because oregano has a strong flavour, use it sparingly. Marjoram is a herb that can be used in place of oregano. Don’t combine the two in your chicken soup.
How do you flavour soup?
10 Unusual Ingredients for Making Soup with Oomph
- Lemon Juice Acidity in a soup can really make a difference because it adds a high back-note.
- Wine. Wine is an excellent liquid for removing the brown stuff from the bottom of your pan.
- Fish sauce It’s not just for Asian food! …
- Worcestershire Sauce
- Sesame Oil.
- Fresh Herbs
If you made this recipe, please be sure to rate the recipe and comment how it was 🙂 You can also Sign up for my email newsletter for more delicious vegetarian recipes.
Also read: Pumpkin Soup Recipe