Hot And Sour Soup Recipe: This is an Indo Chinese vegetable soup that is spicy, sour, and hot. Vegan and low in fat.Even though we aren’t big soup eaters, we look forward to having a hot bowl of soup during the winter. It’s the winter magic, I believe. Not only do we like soups, but we also like steaming hot lentils or vegetable stews.
A simple soup recipe known for its spice and sourness flavour It is a fast food or street food recipe that is served as an appetiser or starter prior to an Indo-Chinese or North Indian meal. It is typically made with diced vegetables, Indo-Chinese sauces, and a fried noodles topping, but it can also be made with a variety of meats.
Indo-Chinese cuisine is known for its spicy and flavorful flavour that caters to the taste buds of Indians. It is a flavorful concoction with bitterness, spice, sourness, and savoury elements. It has the same flavour in its soup variations as well, and hot and sour soup is one such simple and quick filling recipe.
In addition, before wrapping up the recipe, here are some tips, suggestions, and variations to the hot sour soup recipe. First and foremost, consistency is essential in this recipe. The consistency should be thicker than water but not overly so. As a result, proceed with caution during the corn starch addition step. Second, the recipe should be served warm; it does not taste good after resting. As a result, plan your soup accordingly and serve it just before the meal. Finally, when adding vegetables, make sure to slice them thinly or dice them in small pieces. This is because we do not boil or cook the vegetables, instead sauteing them at a high temperature.
This hot and sour soup is an excellent starter recipe for an Indo Chinese menu. The recipe can easily be doubled or tripled in size. You can eat the leftover soup the next day as well.
You can also see my other Soup Recipes Collection, it Includes various delicious and healthy soup recipes such as Creamy Mushroom Soup Recipe, Quinoa Mixed Vegetable Soup, Tomato Soup Recipe and So on.
And you can also visit other categories such as:
Hot and Sour Soup Recipe Card:
Hot And Sour Soup Recipe
- 2 tbsp oil
- 2 clove garlic ( finely chopped)
- 1 inch ginger (finely chopped)
- 1 chilli (finely chopped)
- 2 tbsp spring onion (chopped)
- 1 carrot (finely chopped)
- 3 tbsp cabbage (finely chopped)
- 1/2 capsicum (finely chopped)
- 5 beans (finely chopped)
- 4 cups water
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp vinegar
- 1 tsp chilli sauce
- 1/2 tsp pepper powder
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tbsp spring onion chopped
for corn flour slurry:
- 2 tbsp corn flour
- 1/4 cup water
- First, heat 2 tbsp oil in a large kadai and stir fry 2 garlic cloves, 1 inch ginger, and 1 chilli
- 2 tbsp spring onion, stir-fried until softened
- 1 carrot, 3 tbsp cabbage, 1/2 capsicum, and 5 beans
- Cook for 2 minutes, or until the vegetables are half cooked.
- 4 cup water, 2 tablespoons soy sauce, 2 tablespoons vinegar, and 1 tablespoon chilli sauce
- Add 1/2 tsp pepper powder, 1/2 tsp sugar, and 1/2 tsp salt as well.
- Boil for 3 minutes, or until the flavours are well absorbed.
- Make a cornflour slurry by combining 2 tbsp cornflour with 1/4 cup water.
- Pour the slurry into the soup and thoroughly mix it in.
- Continue to cook for another 2 minutes, or until the soup thickens slightly.
- Finally, stir in 2 tablespoons spring onion and serve hot and sour soup.
- First, add your favourite vegetables. Mushrooms can also be added.
- Also, because soy sauce contains salt, adjust the salt as needed.
- Adding cornflour also thickens the soup. As a result, make sure to include the appropriate amount.
- Finally, when served hot and spicy, the hot and sour soup recipe tastes fantastic.
Is Chinese hot and sour soup nutritious?
It’s essentially the Asian equivalent of chicken noodle soup, and it’s the antidote to everything that ails you. While this may appear to be just another folk tale, there is evidence that hot and sour soup is beneficial to your health. The lightly cooked vegetables provide fibre, vitamins, and minerals, but that’s only the beginning.
How do you make homemade hot and sour soup?
In a small bowl, combine the soy sauce, vinegar, salt, pepper, and sugar; pour into the wok and toss everything together – it should smell really fragrant. Pour in the Chinese Chicken Stock, bring to a boil, and reduce to a simmer for 10 minutes. Cook for 3 minutes after adding the tofu.
Can I eat hot and sour soup while on the keto diet?
My Keto Low Carb Hot and Sour Soup is rich, flavorful, and full of familiar Asian flavours we love, but without all the added carbs! With only about 5g net carbs per cup, this keto hot and sour soup is ideal for a make-ahead lunch!
Why does hot and sour soup have a slimy texture?
It’s spicy, sour, and oh-so-satisfying. However, it is frequently gloopy, slimy, and thick due to an excess of corn starch and other additives. Restaurants usually have the soups simmering on a small burner at the buffet, which gives this soup an almost astringent flavour.
What is the thickening agent in hot and sour soup?
While the soup is heating, whisk together the 14 cup of reserved broth and cornstarch in a small bowl until completely smooth. When the soup reaches a simmer, add the cornstarch mixture and stir for 1 minute, or until the soup thickens.
How does hot and sour soup taste?
A great hot and sour soup should be rich and thick, but never gloppy, with a flavorful broth even before the vinegar and pepper are added. The vegetables, such as wood-ear mushroom and day lily stems, should be crunchy and bright, while the tofu and pork slivers should be tender and comforting. Above all, the soup should be flavorful.
What are the advantages of eating hot and sour soup?
This article will go over the various health benefits of hot and sour soup with a low calorie content. …
- Aids in the reduction of inflammatory responses….
- It aids in the removal of sinuses.
- Peppers are included as an alternative to decongestants.
- Manganese and other micronutrients are present.
- Sodium content is high.
If you made this recipe, please be sure to rate the recipe and comment how it was 🙂 You can also Sign up for my email newsletter for more delicious vegetarian recipes.
Also Read: Creamy Mushroom Soup Recipe