Eggless Chocolate Chip Muffins Recipe: This recipe for eggless chocolate chip muffins is simple to make and ideal for a sweet treat or weekend breakfast. These healthy chocolate chip muffins are made in one bowl with whole wheat flour and are ready in 30 minutes or less.
Use those delectable chocolate chips in this recipe for easy chocolate chip muffins. These simple healthy muffins, made without eggs and with whole wheat flour, are soft and light – no one will guess they’re vegan!
To serve a crowd or meal prep breakfasts and snacks for the week ahead, double or triple this healthy chocolate chip muffins recipe.
Nothing beats a nice, hot cup of coffee and a deliciously warm muffin. My Eggless Bakery-Style Chocolate Chip Muffins are soft and moist with a crackly muffin top, and they’re the perfect way to start your morning.
These eggless muffins are dense on the inside and chock-full of chocolate chips.
It appeared that making muffins without eggs would be difficult. The secret was achieving the desired texture and fluffiness in the eggless muffins recipe. I know I could have simply substituted condensed milk for the eggs, but that would make the eggless muffin recipe far too sweet. So, how exactly do you make eggless muffins at home?
And you can also visit other categories such as:
Eggless Chocolate Chip Muffins Recipe Card:
Eggless Chocolate Chip Muffins Recipe
- 1 cup whole wheat flour leveled or 120 grams
- 1/2 tsp baking soda leveled
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips – dark or semi-sweet or vegan
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 1/2 cup raw sugar or white sugar 80 to 90 grams
- 1/2 tbsp lemon juice or apple cider vinegar or white vinegar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract or ½ teaspoon vanilla essence
- 3 tbsp olive oil or any neutral tasting oil
- To begin, line a muffin pan with muffin liners. Instead of using muffin liners, you can grease the pan with oil.
- In a sieve, combine the dry ingredients: whole wheat flour, baking soda, and a pinch of salt. Set aside after sifting.
- For 15 minutes, preheat your oven to 180 degrees Celsius (356 degrees Fahrenheit). Heat both the top and bottom heating elements of an OTG.
- Heat the water until it is warm. Water can be heated in a pan or microwave. The water temperature should be between 45 and 46 degrees Celsius (113-114.8 degrees Fahrenheit).
- To the warm water, add sugar. Stir until all of the sugar has dissolved.
- Now add the oil. I used olive oil, but any neutral-flavored oil will do. Melted butter can also be used. Stir quickly for 2 to 3 minutes, until the oil is evenly mixed with the water.
- Now stir in the lemon juice. You can substitute apple cider vinegar or white vinegar for the lemon juice.
- Pour in the vanilla extract or essence.
- Stir and mix thoroughly once more.
- Combine the dry and wet ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Begin mixing to make a smooth batter, but don't overdo it.
- Fold in the chocolate chips into the batter.
- Pour or spoon the batter into the muffin liners until they are 3/4 full.
- Top with one or two chocolate chips. This is a purely optional step.
- Bake the muffins at 180°C (356°F) for 25–30 minutes, or until the tops are browned and a toothpick inserted into the muffins comes out clean.
- Because the temperatures in all ovens are not the same, keep an eye on the oven while baking. Keep on the centre rack of an OTG.
- Remove the muffins from the pan and place on a wire rack to cool for 3 to 4 minutes.
Suggestions for Serving
- As a sweet snack or dessert, serve these chocolate muffins plain. Serve with milk, tea, or coffee if desired.
- Store your muffins in an airtight container or tightly wrapped in plastic wrap at room temperature. If you live in a cold city or town, your muffins should keep for up to a week.
- If you live in a warm, humid, and hot city or place, store the muffins at room temperature for no more than a day before refrigerating them.
- These chocolate chip muffins can be frozen for up to a month. Allow to come to room temperature before serving.
- Baking: These chocolate chip muffins can be baked in both a regular oven and a microwave convection mode. Because oven temperatures vary, keep an eye on the time when baking.
- Scaling: This recipe makes 7 regular-sized muffins, but it can easily be doubled or tripled.
- Chocolate:-chip substitutes: Vary the flavours by using any dried berries or dry fruit, as well as nuts, in place of the chocolate chips. You can also substitute peanut butter chips for the chocolate chips.
- Oil: I used olive oil, but any neutral-flavored oil will do. To eliminate the need for oil, use melted butter instead.
- Acidic ingredient: Lemon juice is the acidic ingredient in this recipe. However, instead of lemon juice, you can substitute apple cider vinegar or regular white vinegar.
- Flour: I used stone ground organic wheat flour, but you can use any flour you like, including all-purpose or gluten-free varieties.
- Leavening ingredient: There is only one leavening ingredient in the recipe – baking soda. Check to see if it is still fresh, active, and within its shelf life. You can reduce the baking soda to 1/3 teaspoon if you prefer.
Is it possible to make chocolate chip muffins in an OTG?
Heat both the top and bottom heating elements of an oven toaster griller, also known as an OTG. Then, just as you would in a regular oven, follow this recipe. Make sure to keep the muffins on the centre rack of an OTG.
What can I use in place of oil?
I used olive oil, but any neutral-flavored oil will do. To eliminate the need for oil, use melted butter instead.
What kind of vinegar should I use for this recipe?
You can use either apple cider vinegar or plain white vinegar.
What should I do if my batter is too thick?
If your batter becomes too thick, simply add another 2 tablespoons to 14 cup water to the mixture.
Which type of flour should I use?
I used stone ground organic wheat flour, but you can use any flour you like, including all-purpose or gluten-free varieties.
If you made this recipe, please be sure to rate the recipe and comment how it was 🙂 You can also Sign up for my email newsletter for more delicious vegetarian recipes.
Also Read: Falooda Recipe