Falooda Recipe: Falooda, also known as faluda, is a popular Indian summer dessert drink made with layered ingredients such as milk, ice cream, and rose syrup.A rich and creamy Indian street food dessert made with milk, rose syrup, and dry fruits The falooda recipe calls for preparing the necessary ingredients ahead of time and assembling servings as needed. Furthermore, the recipe has a large audience base, ranging from children to adults and everyone in between.Learn how to make this refreshing falooda recipe with me.
Indian street food recipes are well-known for their spicy and savoury snacks made from deep-fried ingredients. However, there are some dessert recipes that are popularly served as street food following these savoury snacks. Royal falooda is a popular dessert recipe known for its rich and creamy taste and flavour.
The royal falooda recipe is the simplest and most delicious dessert recipe. period! It goes without saying that it does not require any complicated ingredients and is made with simple ones. Furthermore, the best part about this dessert recipe is that you can prepare the ingredients ahead of time and assemble it when you need it.
I call falooda a “dessert drink” because it isn’t quite fit for a bowl but is more than a drink. It’s not just a drink you can sip because you have to eat some of the edible layers as well. With a spoon, enjoy this dessert drink!
Making falooda requires some patience but is very simple. In a serving glass or jar, each ingredient is added one at a time.
This delectable dessert, also known as faluda, is popular in Indian cities such as Delhi, Gurgaon, Mumbai, and Pune. It is without a doubt one of the most popular desserts in India, as well as a personal favourite of mine.
Sabja Seeds (sweet basil seeds) are added first, followed by falooda sev (thin corn starch vermicelli) and jelly (optional). The milk is then poured on top, which is then topped with ice cream and garnished with nuts or dried fruits.
Falooda is a versatile dish that can be tailored to meet a variety of dietary requirements. Make it with or without ice cream, as well as with any combination of jams, fruit preserves, and nuts.
In addition, I’d like to share some tips, suggestions, and variations for this rich and creamy royal falooda recipe. First and foremost, as previously stated, it is always recommended to prepare required ingredients ahead of time. This will not only save you time, but will also improve its effectiveness and flavour. Second, the assembling part of the falooda desert is determined by the size of the glass. So, according to the size of it, add your ingredients. If you have a long or large glass, you may need to add more full cream milk to fill it. Finally, for this agar agar recipe, I’ve added vegetarian gelly. However, if you are comfortable with gelatine-based gelly, you can use that instead.
And you can also visit other categories such as:
Falooda Recipe Card:
Falooda Recipe | How To Make Falooda At Home
- 1 tbsp sabja seeds / falooda seeds / basil seeds / tukmaria
- 1/2 cup falooda sev
- 4 cups milk
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 1/4 cup cup rooz afza / rose syrup
- 1 cup strawberry gelly (vegetarian)
- 2 scoop vanilla ice cream
- 2 tbsp tutti frutti
- 2 tbsp nuts (chopped)
- 2 cherry
how to prepare falooda
- To begin, soak 1 tablespoon sabja seeds in a cup of water for 30 minutes.
- Soak until the sabja seeds absorb the water and the sweets turn into a jelly-like texture.
- Now it's time to make the falooda sev. 1 tbsp sugar in 2 cups of water
- 1/2 cup falooda sev, stir well Corn flour is used to make falooda sev.
- 3 minutes, or until the sev softens.
- To stop the cooking process, drain the sev and rinse with cold water.
- now to make milk In a large kadai, heat 4 cup milk over a low to medium flame.
- Boil for 10 minutes, or until the milk slightly thickens.
- Add 2 tbsp sugar and stir well until the sugar dissolves.
- Allow the milk to come to room temperature before chilling it completely.
- To make falooda, combine 2 tbsp rooh afza in a tall glass.
- 2 tbsp soaked sabja seeds are also added.
- Now stir in 2 tbsp cooked falooda sev.
- Pour in 1 cup of chilled milk and gently stir.
- 2 tbsp gelly dropped without spilling
- Add a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top.
- Top with 1 tsp tutti frutti and 1 tsp chopped nuts.
- Drizzle with 1 tbsp rooh afza and garnish with a cherry.
- Finally, serve chilled royal falooda.
- Scaling: This falooda recipe can be doubled or tripled.
- Sweetener: There is no need to add any sugar or other sweetener because the rose syrup is very sweet on its own. You can adjust the amount of rose syrup to your taste or the size of the glass used to assemble the layers of falooda.
- Jelly: As an optional ingredient, you can omit the jelly or jello from the recipe.
- Nuts: You can use whatever dry fruits and nuts you want.
- Vegan version: Make a vegan falooda with almond milk and vegan ice cream. Agar agar jelly or vegan jello can be substituted.
- Leftovers: The remaining soaked basil seeds and sev can be stored in the refrigerator for a few days. Soaked sabja seeds can be mixed into lemon drinks, rose drinks, any sharbat, or even plain water or chilled milk.
What can I use in place of rose syrup?
Both homemade and store-bought rose syrups work well. Rose water can be substituted for rose syrup in the absence of rose syrup. You can even substitute rooh afza for rose syrup. The rose fragrance and pink colour of falooda make it refreshing and appealing.
What can I use in place of sabja seeds?
Sabja seeds are the seeds of sweet basil. Tukmaria seeds are another name for these small black seeds. They are similar to, but not the same as, chia seeds. In the absence of sabja seeds, chia seeds can be substituted.
How can I make falooda more nutritious?
Whole wheat vermicelli or rice vermicelli are healthier options.
What kind of jelly should I use for falooda?
This recipe works well with strawberry, raspberry, or rose-flavored jelly. In fact, any fruit-based jelly will do
What kind of ice cream should I use for falooda?
A falooda is typically made with vanilla ice cream. However, other ice cream flavours, such as mango ice cream, pistachio ice cream, butterscotch ice cream, and chocolate ice cream, work well as well. Kulfi, such as Malai Kulfi or Mango Kulfi, can also be added.
If you made this recipe, please be sure to rate the recipe and comment how it was 🙂 You can also Sign up for my email newsletter for more delicious vegetarian recipes.
Also Read: Eggless Chocolate Recipe