Anda Curry Recipe: Egg masala is a non-vegetarian dish made with eggs in masala gravy. I am finally posting an egg recipe that is the best masala gravy curry recipe after a long time. It’s a simple recipe with simple ingredients, and egg curry is a popular dish.
I enjoy making a variety of egg recipes that are also suitable for children. Recipes for eggs can be made for breakfast, lunch, or dinner.
Eggs are extremely beneficial to our health because they are high in protein and nutrients. If you are not a vegetarian, it should be included in your diet on a daily basis.
It is recommended to take it with milk every morning as a healthy breakfast substitute. For better health, children should be given eggs almost every day.
Egg can be eaten plain by simply frying and boiling it, but there are numerous other ways to use egg in rice recipes such as fried rice and biryani, as well as egg gravies, which are prepared in a variety of ways throughout India.
Eggs can also be combined with potatoes and tomatoes to make a delicious dish to serve with rice.
This is a special dhaba-style masala gravy made with onion tomato gravy and cooked with fried boiled eggs.
This egg masala curry goes well with rice and is an excellent curry recipe for lunch or dinner.
It can also be served with pulao recipes, creating a delicious combination of egg masala and pulao.
Egg masala can be prepared dry, fried, or in the form of a gravy curry. Here, I’ve made it in the form of a gravy, which is simply cooked in tomato gravy.
The curry is a mild, not overly spicy, basic gravy that appears red in colour, with aromatic spices added to enhance the flavours.
I added kasoori methi at the end to enhance the flavours of the curry and to give the egg masala recipe a wonderful aroma.
And you can also visit other categories such as:
Anda Curry Recipe
Fry the boiled eggs as follows:
- 1 tbsp oil
- salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 4-5 boiled eggs
To make egg masala gravy, combine the following ingredients:
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 bay leaf
- 2-3 chopped green chillies
- 2 dried red chillies
- 3 medium size onions finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 5 medium size tomatoes made into a puree boil the tomatoes for few minutes and puree them
- salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder/haldi
- 1/2 tsp roasted coriander seeds powder
- 2 cups water
- 2 tbsp freshly chopped coriander leaves
- 1/2 tsp kasoori methi
Boiling and frying eggs:
- Peel 4-5 eggs after they have been boiled.
- Heat up the oil in a wok.
- Season with salt and turmeric powder to taste.
- Sauté the boiled eggs for a few minutes on low heat.
- After the eggs have been thoroughly fried, set them aside for later use.
How to Make Egg Masala Gravy:
- Heat up the oil in a wok.
- Add a bay leaf, chopped green chilies, and dried red chilies, and sauté for a few seconds.
- Cook the finely chopped onions until they turn a very light golden colour.
- Add the ginger garlic paste and cook for a few minutes on low heat to remove the raw smell.
- Mix in the tomato puree thoroughly.
- Season with salt to taste, then stir in the red chilli powder, turmeric powder, and roasted coriander seed powder.
- Combine all of the spices with the gravy.
- Cook the egg gravy on low heat for a few minutes, or until the oil begins to leave the sides.
- Mix in 2 cups of water thoroughly.
- Mix in the freshly chopped coriander leaves and kasoori methi.
- Mix in the fried eggs.
- Cook the gravy on low heat for 10-15 minutes.
- Turn off the heat once the curry is thoroughly cooked.
- Serve immediately with roti or rice.
- Sprinkle a generous pinch of salt over the onions as they cook. This speeds up the sweating of the onion.
- If you’re worried about the spices burning after you add them to the pan, make a paste with 1/4 cup water. Put it in the pan.
- Slit the tomatoes (not deeply) and microwave for 5 minutes to speed up the cooking time. Chop it after it has cooled.
- Add freshly ground spices, or spices that are no more than 10 days old, for the best flavour. I always make a small batch of spice powder that will last for 8-10 days.
- . If you don’t have time to fry the eggs, adding plain boiled eggs to the curry and cooking for a while also adds a delicious flavour to the gravy curry.
How Do You Make the Perfect Hard Boiled Egg?
I know boiling eggs isn’t something you’ve all heard of, but it’s something you should all learn. Who needs a recipe for something so simple? However, I frequently hear people struggle to get perfectly boiled and peeled eggs. So here’s the deal: there are two factors that must be considered in order to obtain perfectly boiled eggs. The first is the cooking time, and the second is the age of the egg.
The egg must be fresh. When the eggs are older, I often find it difficult to peel them. Cover the eggs in a pan with water. Bring it to a boil and continue to cook for 6-7 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon and place in cold water. Peel the eggs once the temperature has dropped to a safe level.
What Is the Best Way to Make Spicy Egg Curry?
The method for making this egg curry is the same as for any other curry. The onion tomato base is the first step.
Most egg curries do not require frying the egg before adding it to the gravy. However, I enjoy toasting eggs until some brown patches appear. It improves the flavour. Toss the egg with a pinch of salt, turmeric, and chilli powder. Toss in the very hot oil until you see small brown patches.
In the same pan, melt the butter and fry the dry red chilli until it becomes smokey. Cook the onion until it softens and begins to brown. It’s critical to get the onion to the right stage of cooking. The raw bite of onion in the gravy is unpleasant. Then, add the ginger garlic paste and cook until the raw smell has gone.
Except for the garam masala and salt, combine all of the spice powders. Cook, stirring frequently, until the mixture is fragrant. Keep a close eye on this step. You can also add the dry spice to the pan after mixing it with 14 cup of water. Sauteing dry spices in oil releases flavour.
Sauté until the mixture comes together, then add the chopped tomatoes. Mix in the green chilies and Kasuri methi.
If you made this recipe, please be sure to rate the recipe and comment how it was 🙂 You can also Sign up for my email newsletter for more delicious vegetarian recipes.
Also Read: Veg Burger Recipe