Veg Pizza Recipe: Pizza is a flat bread made with all-purpose flour and yeast fermentation. Typically, it is topped with mozzarella cheese, pizza tomato sauce, and other vegetarian pizza toppings. Pizza can be eaten as a snack, but it is also suitable for lunch and dinner.
Traditionally an Italian recipe, but widely popular all over the world. There are numerous pizza recipe variations and varieties. However, this is a simple veg pizza recipe with yeast that is baked in the oven. Toppings can be changed to suit individual tastes, and meat can be added for meat eaters.
In addition, the pizza dough was made with baking soda and powder rather than yeast as in this recipe. In addition, compared to the previous recipe, I have included mushrooms in this one. If you don’t like mushrooms, you can easily skip it. Sliced pineapple, basil leaves, broccoli, and roasted garlic can also be added.
It is recommended to add cheese after the vegetables have been topped. This would ensure that the vegetables were properly cooked. If you are only topping with 1-2 vegetables, you can add the cheese ahead of time.
Veg Pizza Recipe
for pizza dough:
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp dry yeast
- 2 cups maida / plain flour / all-purpose flour
- salt to taste
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- water as required (to knead)
- 3 tbsp pizza sauce
- 5 mushrooms (thinly sliced)
- 3 tbsp onion (roughly chopped)
- 1/4 cup capsicum (roughly chopped)
- 9 pickled jalapeños (based on spice level)
- 1/4 cup black olives (chopped)
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese (grated)
- 1/2 tsp oregano / italian seasonings / mixed herbs
Recipe for yeast pizza dough
- First, place half a cup of warm water in a large mixing bowl.
- Add 1 tsp sugar to that. Sugar aids in the activation of yeast.
- Also, add 1 tsp dry yeast and give it a quick stir.
- Allow for 5 minutes of resting time, or until the yeast activates and becomes frothy.
- Now stir in 2 cups maida.
- Add salt to taste, as well as 3 tablespoons olive oil.
- For a minute, combine by hand or with a dough hook on low speed.
- Also, as needed, add water and knead for 5 minutes.
- Knead the dough until it is soft, smooth, and elastic. When pressed, it also bounces back. If not, knead for 5 minutes more.
- Form the dough into a ball by tucking it in. Place everything in a large mixing bowl.
- Grease the bowl with olive oil as well to keep the dough from sticking to it.
- Wrap the bowl tightly in cling wrap or plastic wrap.
- Allow to rest and rise for about 2 hours in a warm place.
- The dough has risen and doubled in size, indicating that it is well fermented.
- Punch the dough with your fist to let the air out.
Veggie Pizza Baking Instructions:
- Divide the dough into two balls and tuck them together.
- Place the dough on a pizza plate or tray that has been dusted with flour. For a crunchier texture, substitute cornmeal.
- Stretch the dough with both hands to flatten it.
- further, leaving a cm or more of space and making a dent This aids in the fluffiness of the crust.
- Then, using a fork, prick the centre of the dough to prevent the pizza base from fluffing up like chapati.
- Furthermore, generously spread pizza sauce over the top, leaving a slight border around the edges.
- Top with mushrooms, onions, and capsicum as well.
- top with jalapeos and black olives Depending on how spicy you like it, adjust the amount of jalapeos.
- then generously sprinkle with grated mozzarella cheese over the base
- Sprinkle with mixed herbs, oregano, or Italian seasonings.
- Brush olive oil on the sides of the pizza crust to make it crisper and golden brown.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes in a preheated oven at 500 degrees Fahrenheit or 200 to 250 degrees Celsius.
- Slice the pizza right away.
- Finally, top the veg pizza with chilli flakes and oregano.
- To begin, refer to the recipe for how to make pizza on a tawa.
- Moreover, for added flavour, vary the topping with basil leaves of your choice.
- Freeze any leftover dough in an airtight container or zip lock bag that has been oiled. Dough can be kept fresh for at least a month.
- Also, knead the dough thoroughly; otherwise, the pizza will be chewy.
- Finally, bake the homemade veg pizza in a hot preheated oven; otherwise, the pizza base will be raw.
Also Read: Raj Kachori Recipe