Benefits of Daliya : With the trend toward healthier living, we actively choose to eat a nutritious meal. Consider it a healthy trait or an increasing desire to look good; even something as simple as a bowl of dalia appears appealing to health enthusiasts. And why shouldn’t they? When this nutritious food is packed with high-fiber benefits and aids in weight loss.
Let’s look at some more reasons to consume this fiber-rich food.
Beneficial to your muscles:
Yes, this nutrient-dense diet is excellent for muscle development. Dalia is a high-protein food, so if you want to gain muscle mass, include it in your diet. It is high in essential vitamins. Increase your protein intake by eating a bowl of dalia.
Weight loss aids:
Dalia has a high fibre content. It gives you a feeling of fullness and prevents you from overeating. As part of your morning meal, include a bowl of dalia. It will provide you with essential nutrients and keep you energised throughout the day.
Diabetic patients should follow these guidelines:
Dalia is an excellent healer for diabetics. It has a low glycemic index as well as complex carbohydrates. This ensures a slow and consistent release of glucose into the bloodstream. Dalia manages your blood sugar levels – you eat fewer calories and manage your blood sugar levels.
Are you constipated? Dalia is the answer! Dalia’s high fibre content aids digestion and prevents constipation. It also improves stool consistency, which aids in constipation relief.
Increases metabolism: This nutritious food is beneficial to metabolism. It is a whole wheat product that boosts metabolism.
Contains essential nutrients: This food is high in magnesium because it provides essential nutrition to our bodies.
It’s a good energy source: It’s a good energy source. Eat it after a strenuous workout to replenish your energy reserves.
Daliya Khichdi Recipe
- 1 tbsp Ghee / Clariified Butter
- Cumin Seeds,
- Cinnamon Sticks
- Black Peppercorn
- Asafetida or Hing
- Ginger Garlic Paste
- Green chilies
- Curry leaves
- Turmeric Powder
- Cracked Wheat / Daliya
- Moong Dal
- Salt for taste
- Chopped Carrots
- Green Peas
- Coriander Leaves
- Lemon Juice
- Heat the ghee in a pan over medium high heat.
- Once the ghee has melted, add the cumin seeds, cinnamon sticks, cloves, and black peppercorns.
- Then stir in the asafetida or hing and the ginger garlic paste.
- Then stir in the green chilies, curry leaves, and turmeric powder, and cook for a minute.
- Add cracked wheat and mix well before roasting for 2 minutes.
- Add washed and drained moong dal, followed by water.
- Cook until 1 whistle, adding salt to taste, chopped carrot, and green peas.
- When all of the pressure in the pressure cooker has been released, open the pressure cooker.
- Then stir in the chopped red pepper and coriander leaves.
- To taste, add lemon juice.
- Daliya khichdi is now ready to eat.
Also Read: Benefits of Sendha Namak