Amla Juice Benefits: The Indian gooseberry, also known as amla, is undeniably high in nutrients. Its essential minerals and vitamins are not only necessary for our bodies’ well-being, but also for preventing and managing some of the most common and widespread diseases. Whether eaten raw, juiced, powdered, or simply added to a variety of pickles, jams, dips, or spreads, including amla in your diet is a sure way to improve your health. Because amla is high in Vitamin C, it helps to boost your immunity, metabolism, and prevent viral and bacterial illnesses such as the common cold and cough. Its nutritional profile also includes a variety of polyphenols, which are known to inhibit the growth of cancer cells. According to Ayurveda, amla juice balances all bodily processes and brings all three doshas – vata, kapha, and pitta – into balance. Dr. Rupali Datta, Chief Clinical Nutritionist at Fortis-Escorts Hospital, says “Vitamin C is a natural antioxidant, which means it protects you from the damaging effects of free radicals. It aids in the slowing of the ageing process and is required for collagen production, keeping your skin and hair healthy, as well as supporting the immune system.” Amla juice has numerous health benefits when consumed on a daily basis.
One of the most effective ways to incorporate amla into your diet is to juice it and drink it diluted with water on an empty stomach every day. It cleanses your system, aids digestion, and aids in the maintenance of clear skin, healthy hair, and good eyesight. Amla juice is a little bitter, but it has a slew of health benefits that will make your frown disappear.
Here are some benefits of amla juice:
1. According to Dr. Gargi Sharma, a weight management expert in Delhi, amla juice can be used as a powerful home remedy to treat cough and flu as well as mouth ulcers. Every day, two teaspoons of amla juice mixed with equal parts honey can greatly aid in the treatment of colds and coughs. To get rid of mouth ulcers, mix a couple of teaspoons in water and gargle with it twice a day.
2. Regular consumption of amla juice aids in cholesterol reduction. Amino acids and antioxidants help the heart function properly.
3. It also aids in the management of diabetes and respiratory ailments such as asthma.
4. According to Dr. Ashutosh Gautam, Clinical Operations and Coordination Manager at Baidyanath, the alkaline nature of amla aids in system cleansing and digestive system strengthening.
5. It supports liver function and flushes out toxins from the body.
6. Along with Vitamin C, amla is high in iron, calcium, and phosphorous, making it a complete nutritional drink.
7. “Our hair structure is almost entirely composed of protein. Amino acids and protein found in amla aid in hair growth, combating hair loss, and fortifying both the root and the shaft “Dr. Gautam made a remark.
8. “Apply it to your face with a cotton swab to combat marks, pigmentation, and blemishes. Amla juice aids in the oxidation of melanin and the closure of skin pores “Dr. Gautam concluded.
How Do You Drink Amla Juice?
Amla juice is best consumed first thing in the morning. Dilute a small amount (20-30 ml) in a glass of water. To increase the palatability, combine a little lemon juice and honey. To help manage diabetes, Dr. Guatam recommends combining amla juice with jamun (Indian blackberry) and karela juice (bitter gourd). Amla juice combined with aloe vera juice works wonders for those suffering from high cholesterol and hair problems. Also, do you want to improve your vision? Amla juice, taken right before sleeping, is extremely beneficial; it also aids in detoxifying the negative effects of junk food.
So there you have it, a potent nature’s elixir packed with the ability to combat the majority of our everyday health issues. Give it a shot; you’ll be amazed. If you’ve been drinking amla juice for a while, please share your thoughts in the comments section below.
Also Read: Health Benefits of Pumpkin